Rs. 500/- for online applications and Rs. 550/- for manual applications.
Rs. 800/- for taking the test as walk-in candidate.
Rs. 100/- for online and manual applications.
Rs. 200/- for taking the test as walk-in candidate.
Note: Application fee can be paid online through internet banking or by Debit/Credit Card or by sending Demand Draft.
Important Instructions before applying
Before you start filling up the complete application form make sure the following are ready with you:
- A scanned image/electronic copy of your Passport size photograph (preferably a jpg file below 100kb in size). Applications with personal photos or edited photos uploaded will be rejected.
- Demand Draft details (DD number, Bank, etc.) or Credit / Debit Card details for online payment of application fee.
- Academic details.
Keep Note of these:
- Your login username for TIFR GS 2015 website would be the reference code that will be generated by the system on successful registration. Please save the email sent by the system after successful registration of your application.
- If certain fields show error while registering, please try to modify the data and avoid using special characters such as . , ` ‘ ( ) / – etc.
- If you intend to apply for multiple subjects, you will have to provide different email id for each application.
To apply for Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Computer & Systems Sciences: Click here
To apply for Biology: Click here
For those candidates, who have missed the last date to apply:
Candidates who have missed the last date to apply is allowed to take the test as walk-ins
This would be subject to availability of seats at the center of their choice. In this case, the application fee is Rs 800/- for male candidates and Rs 200/- for female candidates.
For Walk-in Registrations students are required to be present at the center two hours early and bring Demand Draft of required amount, 1 Passport size color photo and any photo identity card.
No cash will be accepted.
- Biology: DD should be drawn on State Bank of India in favor of “National Centre for Biological Sciences” payable at Bangalore.
- All other subjects: DD should be drawn on State Bank of India in favor of “Tata Institute of Fundamental Research” payable at Mumbai.