CMAT as is commonly abbreviated is Common Management Aptitude Test which is conducted twice a year – in the months of February and September. AICTE is the governing body which controls the exam process.
Numerous management institutes participate in the test and invite applications from aspirants seeking quality management education.
The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their composite scores and then called for the next phase of the selection process i.e. Group Discussion and Personal Interview round. The second round of the selection process may or may not be accompanied with an Essay Writing or Written Ability Test (WAT).
CMAT 2015 Last Minute Tips
The candidates seeking to take the CMAT exam must be feeling nervous as the D-day has finally approached with the exam scheduled in between 19th Feb to 22nd Feb, 2015. So here I want to share some tips with CMAT aspirants to appear in exam with the much needed confidence.
1. Revise Properly
As today is the last day of preparation for exam, the aspirants should revise everything what they have read while preparing for exam.
Memorize all your short tricks, concepts, logics and formulae. Actually don’t just read it! You should feed all these short methods in your memory by using your most suitable learning technique.
2. Get Adequate Tests
Now this time is not for preparation, it’s a peak time to revise and to refine your knowledge regarding exam. So for revision and self-analysis purpose nothing else can be better than taking adequate tests a night before exam.
3. Don’t Take Stress
Generally, students develop stress and anxiety a day before the exam and they struggle with their self-confidence level. So instead of getting stressed or tensed, keep yourself calm and study well with a methodical approach.
4. Keep your ‘Tool Box’ ready for the Exam
Don’t forget to furnish your tool box with all the necessary things you should carry to exam hall like- Admit Card, pen, pencil, and valid photo ID card and exam venue details etc.
5. Time Management
Time management is the vital thing to approach for any exam systematically. You should well schedule your D-Day activities to be on time i.e. whether reaching the exam hall or taking the test time management should be your priority.
Time management is also important while giving exam as to complete CMAT exam students have to solve 100 questions within 180 minutes. So student should attempt questions by keeping his/her time limit in mind.
6. Prioritize Questions/Sections to Attempt
As CMAT exam consist of 100 questions, which should be solved in 180 minutes so prioritize your sections which you can attempt at first or at last. Don’t waste your time by sticking on questions for which you are facing problems in solving. It is recommended to solve the section in which you are well confident than other sections, like attempting English and Quantitative Aptitude section first and General Knowledge section at the last.
7. Be Cautious when opting for the “Guess” methodology
You should make wise selections when attempting the questions with your “Guess”. Carefully analyze before selecting the answer as negative marking is done for each and every wrong answer attempted. As per CMAT exam guidelines, for every correct answer 4 marks are awarded and for every incorrect/wrong answer 1 marks is deducted.
Some more Useful Tips for CMAT, Feb 2015
1. The day before exam, take a sound sleep for at least 8 to 9 hours.
2. On the day of exam, eat light but something that keeps your stomach full.
3. Prefer fruits accompanied with a glass of milk, or juice, or oats and milk is preferably the better choice out of the lot.
4. Make sure you have kept the xerox copies of your Admit card and valid photo ID cards handy. Also, keep the originals for double verification.
5. Its’ always preferable to reach the examination venue 1 hour prior, so that you can easily locate your sitting options, so you can feel comfortable before taking the exam.
6. Analyze your potentialities and collect them to face the challenge, as it’s a tough task to manage your time with attempting 100 questions in 180 minutes. (Click here to get details about CMAT Pattern)
To sum up, its’ wise to gather all your knowledge and appear for the exam with self-confidence and iron determination. These exams are designed to access how well we manage our time and bring the best of our knowledge to solve a particular problem.
Attempt your exam well. Good Luck!!!