Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the annual conference – Rajaswa Gyan Sangam 2017 at New Delhi on 1st September 2017.
The aim was to enable two-way communication between policy-makers and senior officers in field offices.
2. Union Minister Thaawar Chand Gehlot has launched a scheme that provides for physical aids and assisted-living devices for senior citizens belonging to the BPL category in Gujarat.
3. The Sports Ministry has approved constitution of a 13-member Empowered Steering Committee (ESC).
It will shape and influence India’s preparation for multi- disciplinary events, including 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
4. Environment Ministry has launched an environment awareness initiative, under which an online environmental quiz competition named “Prakriti Khoj” was conducted at the national level.
5. The Karnataka government has decided to merge various health schemes and launch to ensure medical benefits. ‘Arogya Bhagya’ to cover all the 1.4 crore households.
6. President Ramnath Kovind laid foundation stone for link – 4 of Saurashtra Narmada Avataran Irrigation Scheme (SAUNI) Yojana in Rajkot district.
This multipurpose project aims to solve water problems of parched Saurashtra region of Gujarat.
7. NITI Aayog has launched the National Nutrition Strategy aimed at Kuposhan Mukt Bharat.
8. NITI Aayog has constituted an Expert Task Force (headed by Vice Chairman Dr. Rajiv Kumar) to provide a major thrust to job creation by enhancing India’s exports.
9. An expert committee under the Chairmanship of former apex court judge Justice BN Sri Krishna has been constituted.
The aim of the committee is to identify key data protection issues in India and recommend methods to address them.
10. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani flagged off statewide ‘Narmada Mahotsav Yatra’.
The objective is to create awareness about the importance of increased water supply from Narmada canal-based projects to different parts of the state.
11. The Union Minister of Environment, Forest, Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, addressed the Business and Climate Summit (BCS) 2017 in New Delhi.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The Civil Aviation Administration of China announced the opening of the country’s first test-flight base for civilian drones in Shanghai.
2. The 9th BRICS Summit was held in Xiamen, China.
The theme of the summit was “Stronger Partnership for brighter Future”.
3. The 12th edition of India-Nepal Joint Military Exercise- Surya Kiran XII was held at Nepal Army Battle School (NABS) in Saljhandi, Nepal.
4. UJALA, one of the successful schemes by the Government of India has been launched in Melaka, Malaysia.
It aims to sell LED bulbs at affordable price.
5. People’s bank of China has banned individuals and organizations from raising funds through Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) saying that the practice constituted illegal fund-raising.
6. Hurricane Irma is all set to move towards Florida – After causing havoc in many Caribbean islands including Haiti.
7. The 13th edition of joint military exercise “Yudh Abhyas-2017” between India and the USA will be conducted in Washington, USA from 14th to 27th September 2017.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Swedish defence giant Saab and Indian conglomerate Adani group have announced collaboration in defence manufacturing.
The project would include design, development and production of Gripen Jets for India, keeping in line with Make in India
2. BSNL has tied up with Punjab National Bank (PNB) to roll out open mobile wallet Speed Pay across 10 states in the country.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. India and Switzerland signed 2 MoUs.
The 1st MoU is between the Railway Ministry and the Federal Department for technical cooperation in Rail Sector.
2nd MoU will help Konkan Railway in establishing the GFITT in Goa, especially for assimilation and dissemination of knowledge in the field of tunneling.
2. Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) enters Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with IISc Bangalore for development of ground water flow models.
3. Goa Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Google India.
The objective of this MoU was to promote Digital Literacy in different parts of India.
4. 10 MoUs signed between India and Myanmar in the following fields:
Maritime Security Cooperation.
Cultural Exchange Programme (year 2017-2020)
Upgradation of the Women’s Police Training Centre at Yamethin, Myanmar.
Sharing White Shipping Information (Indian Navy and Myanmar Navy)
Technical Agreement for providing Coastal Surveillance System.
Cooperation in Medical Products Regulation.
Establishment of MIIT.
India-Myanmar Center for Enhancement of IT-Skill.
Election Commission and Union Election Commission.
Cooperation between Myanmar and Indian Press Council.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. The country’s eight infrastructure sectors’ growth slipped to 2.4 per cent in July this year.
The infrastructure sector had expanded 3.1 per cent in July last year, and had grown 0.8 per cent in June this year.
2. India’s economic growth unexpectedly slowed to 5.7% in the June quarter, throwing up a challenge to the economy.
3. Five banks of the BRICS Bank Cooperation Mechanism have agreed to establish credit lines in the national currencies and cooperate on credit ratings.
Brazilian Development Bank, Vnesheconombank, Export-Import Bank of India, China Development Bank and Development Bank of South Africa signed the agreement in Beijing.
4. The government’s fiscal deficit at the end of July this year touched 4 per cent of the budget estimate.
5.Public Sector and Private banks have got a month’s extension to establish Aadhaar enrolment centres within their premises.
Rs 20,000 per uncovered branch shall be levied on the bank for failing to adhere to the target of setting up of enrollment and update centres in 10% of its branches by 30th September 2017.
6. American e-commerce company Amazon has opened its largest fulfilment center (FC) in the country at the GMR-led Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. ISRO had launched the IRNSS-1H into orbit using the PSLV C39 rocket, but failed.
IRNSS-1H is India’s 8th navigation satellite in the IRNSS series.
2. India gets its first indigenous sniper rifle, launched at the Rifle Factory, Ishapore near Kolkata.
3. Locky, a deadly “ransomware” has hit India.
State-run Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in) urging users to not open any emails with attachments from unknown senders.
4. India’s indigenously developed 3rd generation Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) – “Nag” has been successfully flight tested twice.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||BWF World Ranking 2017||Saina & Srikanth|
|2.||New Chief Coach for Hockey, India||Waltherus Marijne|
|3.||First wicketkeeper with 100 ODI stumpings||M S Dhoni|
|4.||Winner of Gold Commonwealth Youth Weightlifting||Konsam Ormila Devi|
|5.||Asian Cup Football 2017 Winner||India|
|6.||Topper of ICC Test Rankings in Cricket||India|
|7.||Host country of Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2019||India|
|8.||US Open Women’s Singles 2017 Winner||Sloane Stephens|
|9.||Winners of Mixed doubles title at US Open||Murray & Hingis|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar||Nita Ambani|
|2.||NHAI awarded its first Project in Myanmar to-||Punj Lloyd-Varaha|
|3.||ISSF Shotgun World Championship Silver Medalist||Ankur Mittal|
|4.||National Award for ‘Excellence’ in Energy Management||Hyderabad airport|
|5.||India’s first World Heritage City with UNESCO||Ahmedabad|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India.||Rajiv Mehrishi|
|2.||New Election Commissioner||Sunil Arora|
|3.||New Defence Minister||Nirmala Sitharaman|
|4.||New Railways Minister||Piyush Goyal|
|5.||CBSE Chairperson||Anita Karwal|
|6.||New American Ambassador to India||Kenneth Ian Juster|
|7.||Chairman and Managing Director of NMDC Ltd.||Baijendra Kumar|
|8.||Elected Chairman of Press Trust of India.||Vivek Goenka|
|9.||Interim chairman of GSTN||A B Pandey|
|10.||First Indian Woman Ambassador for Tourism Australia||Parineeti Chopra|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||International Literacy Day||8th September|
|2.||Teacher’s Day||5th September|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||John Ashbery – US poet|
|2.||Sultan Ahmed -Former Union minister and Member of Parliament from Uluberia Lok Sabha|
|3.||Jomde Kena- Arunachal Minister|
|4.||Gauri Lankesh from Karnataka- Journalist|
|5.||RN Sudarshan -Kannada actor|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||ESC||Empowered Steering Committee|
|2.||NITI||National Institute for Transforming India|
|3.||MEA||Ministry of External Affairs|
|4.||UNESCO||United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization|
|5.||SAUNI||Saurashtra Narmada Avataran|
|6.||BSF||Border Security Force|
|7.||FSDC||Financial Stability and Development Council|
|8.||ITBP||Indo Tibetan Border Police|
|9.||SSB||Sashtra Seema Bal|
|10.||BCS||Business and Climate Summit|
|11.||USA||United Nations of America|
|12.||RBI||Reserve Bank of India|
|13.||FDI||Foreign Direct Investment|
|14.||BSNL||Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited|
|15.||CGWB||Central Government Water Board|
|16.||BRICS||Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa|
|18.||ISRD||Institute for Small and Rural Districts|
|19.||CERT-in||Computer Emergency Response Team|
|20.||ATGM||Anti-tank Guided Missile|
|21.||GSTN||Goods and Services Tax Network|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –