Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Bills [Amendments & New]|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. The Union Government has launched a portal to provide a platform for farmers to sell agricultural produce- e-Rashtriya Kisan Agri Mandi (e-RaKAM) portal
2. The Supreme Court has imposed ban on use of five harmful heavy metals like lithium, antimony, mercury, arsenic and lead in the manufacturing of firecracker as they cause air pollution.
3. Maharashtra Government has launched two online portals to streamline the process of direct benefit transfer (DBT) – MahaDBT and MahaVASTU
4. The Union Government is going to launch AGRI-UDAAN Food and Agribusiness Accelerator 2.0 programme.
The aim is to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture.
5. The Indian Railways signed its first EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) contract with Larsen and Turbo (L&T) for electrification of railways.
The contract valuing Rs 1,050 crore was awarded by CORE and Konkan Railways.
6. The Union Finance Ministry has launched second Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF), named Bharat 22.
It will help to speed up Government’s disinvestment program budgeted to raise a record Rs 72,500 crore in the FY 2018.
7. The MeitY has appointed an expert panel committee to study various issues relating to data protection in the country and will suggest a draft data protection Bill.
The committee is headed by former Supreme Court Judge Justice B N Srikrishna.
8. The government has made Aadhaar number mandatory for the registration of death from 1st October, to “prevent identity fraud”.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. Qatar has become the first Arab state to offer permanent residency available to some non-citizens.
2. China has opened its first overseas military base in Djibouti, which is situated on the northwestern edge of Indian Ocean.
3. 7th Meeting of BRICS Trade Ministers was held in Shanghai, China.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Airtel Payments Bank has announced a strategic partnership HPCL.
The aim is to give further boost to digital payments in the country and to add customer convenience.
2. SBI and Samsung India collaborated to advance Digital India initiative.
They announced the availability of Samsung Pay for higher variants of SBI debit card to advance Digital India.
3. Microsoft ties up with the Telangana to use its artificial intelligence-based MINE platform to screen children for eye problems and prevent avoidable blindness.
4. NCLT has approved the proposed merger between Bharti Airtel and Telenor India.
5. Patanjali has collaborated with Google and Facebook to increase its digital presence for better online marketing.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. BSF has signed an MoU with NSDC.
The MoU will enable NSDC to provide skill training to retired and retiring BSF personnel, as well as to the population residing in the border areas.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved MoU between India and Spain on India-Spain Cooperation in renewable energy.
It aims at strengthening bilateral cooperation between both the countries.
3. Union Cabinet has approved MoU between India and BRICS countries for establishment of BRICS Agriculture Research Platform (BRICS-ARP).
4. ISRO and CSIR-NPL have signed MoU to make indigenous regional positioning system NavIC independent from the US clock system.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. SEBI has constituted a committee on fair market conduct.
It will be headed by former law secretary T K Vishwanathan.
2. RBI announced Third Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement for current fiscal 2017-18 on 2nd August 2017.
Repo Rate – 6.00%.
Reverse Repo Rate – 5.75%.
Marginal Standing Facility Rate.
Bank Rate – 6.25%.
Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) – 4.00%.
Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) – 20.00%.
3. Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched Kotak Remit, an Aadhaar-based integrated outward forex remittance solution for both customers and non-customers.
Bills [Amendments & New] – See How Many New Bills have been passed in 2017
1. Parliament has passed the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
The Bill amends the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (RTE), 2009 by extending the deadline for teachers to acquire the prescribed minimum qualification for appointment.
2. Lok Sabha has passed Central Goods and Service Tax Bill 2017 and Integrated Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017.
The first bill provides for the extension of the CGST Act, 2017 to J&K and the other also provides for the extension of IGST Act 2017 to J&K.
3. Lok Sabha has passed NABARD (Amendment) Bill 2017 by voice vote.
The bill seeks to amend NABARD Act, 1981.
4. Lok Sabha has passed Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017 by voice vote.
It will replace the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2017.
The bill seeks to amend the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
5. Parliament has passed Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) (Amendment) Bill 2017.
The Bill amends IIT Act 2014.
6. Lok Sabha has passed Constitution 123rd Amendment Bill 2017 and National Commission for Backward Classes (Repeal) Bill 2017.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. Indian Army has developed a mobile application through which serving soldiers can track details like posting and promotions- Humraaz App
2. Israel has launched its first environmental research satellite named Venus (Vegetation and Environment Monitoring New Micro Satellite).
3. ISRO and NASA are jointly working on NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR) Mission.
The aim is to co-develop and launch a dual frequency synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellite by 2021.
4. India’s first private sector missile sub-systems manufacturing facility Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems (KRAS) plant was inaugurated near Hyderabad, Telangana.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||Lagos International Challenge Men’s Singles Winner||Rahul Yadav|
|2.||Lagos International Challenge Men’s Doubles Winner||Manu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy|
|3.||Jordan Junior and Cadet Open Table tennis tournament Winner||India|
|4.||Hungarian Grand Prix Winner||Sebastian Vettel|
|5.||Host of 2028 Summer Olympics||Los Angeles|
|6.||Most Expensive Football player||Neymar|
|7.||World Doubles Squash Championship Winner||Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal Karthik|
|8.||WBO Oriental Super Middleweight title winner||Vijender Singh|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Asia’s second richest person||Mukesh Ambani|
|2.||Bharat Gaurav- East Bengal Football Club’s highest award winner||Dhanraj Pillay|
|3.||Most Highly Paid Author by Forbes||J K Rowling (Harry Potter Writer)|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||13th Vice President of India||Venkaiah Naidu|
|2.||Executive Director of World Bank||S Aparna|
|3.||Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog||Economist Rajiv Kumar|
|4.||CISCO President of India, SAARC Region||Sameer Garde|
|5.||New Chief of Eastern Command||Lt Gen Abhay Krishna|
|6.||New Secretary General of FICCI||Sanjaya Baru|
|7.||New Iran’s President||Hassan Rouhani|
|8.||InCred Brand Ambassador||Rahul Dravid|
|9.||CMD of SIDBI||Mohammad Mustafa|
|10.||New CEO of Payback||Gautam Kaushik|
|11.||Swachh Bharat Mission Brand Ambassador in UP||Akshay Kumar|
|12.||Re-Elected Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea||Peter O’Neill|
|13.||DSP of Punjab Police||Harmanpreet Kaur (Indian Women Cricketer)|
|14.||Next Ambassador of India to The Republic of Kazakhstan||Prabhat Kumar|
|15.||Chairman of Special Committee if AIFF||Advocate Ushanath Banerjee|
|16.||Air Officer-in-Charge Administration of IAF||Air Marshal Hemant Narayan Bhagwat|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||Hiroshima Day||6th August|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Ustad Sayeeduddin Dagar- Dhrupad maestro singer|
|2.||Pushpa Bhargava- Eminent Scientist (Biology)|
|3.||Sam Shepard, Actor and Pulitzer-Winning Playwright|
|4.||Robert Hardy from England- Harry Potter Actor|
|5.||Santosh Mohan Dev- Former Union Minister|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||RaKAM||Rashtriya Kisan Agri Mandi|
|2.||DBT||Direct Benefit Transfer|
|3.||EPC||Engineering, Procurement, Construction|
|5.||MeitY||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|6.||BRICS||Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa|
|7.||HPCL||Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited|
|8.||SBI||State Bank of India|
|9.||NCLT||National Company Law Tribunal|
|10.||SEBI||Securities and Exchange Board of India|
|11.||RBI||Reserve Bank of India|
|12.||BSF||Border Security Force|
|13.||NSDC||National Skill Development Corporation|
|14.||ISRO||Indian Space Research Organisation|
|15.||CSIR-NPL||CSIR-National Physical Laboratory of India|
|16.||NABARD||National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development|
|17.||NASA||National Aeronautics and Space Administration|
|18.||WBO||World Boxing Organization|
|19.||NITI||National Institution for Transforming India|
|20.||SAARC||South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation|
|21.||FICCI||Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry|
|22.||CMD||Chairman and managing director|
|23.||CEO||Chief Executive Officer|
|24.||SIDBI||Small Industries Development Bank of India|
|25.||DSP||Deputy Superintendent of Police|
|26.||AIFF||All India Football Federation|
|27.||IAF||Indian Air Force|
|28.||MINE||Microsoft Intelligent Network for Eyecare|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –