Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Banking & Economics Affairs|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. The Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has inaugurated the Pratham-Shyok Bridge that will connect Leh to Karakoram on Shyok Gong river.
2. The 3rd annual “Women of India Organic Festival” will be celebrated from 1st – 15th October 2017, in New Delhi.
The aim is to promote women entrepreneurs & farmers in the organic sector across India.
3. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated a New airport at Shirdi in Ahmednagar and Alliance Air commercial flight to Mumbai.
4. Madhya Pradesh C.M Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched a pension scheme “Single Click Pension Delivery” where the money will go directly into the account of the beneficiaries.
5. The Medical Council of India will provide Unique Permanent Registration Numbers to all doctors to help in digitizing India’s registry of doctors.
6. Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu unveiled a bronze statue on the 148 Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
7. Andhra Pradesh Government has introduced a new rule - “No helmet, no petrol” for two wheelers to reduce road accident deaths.
8. Karnataka Government has launched a new scheme named “Mathru Poorna” to meet the nutritional needs of pregnant and lactating women in rural areas.
Under this programme the pregnant & lactating poor women in rural areas will get one nutritious meal daily for 25 days a month.
9. Assam becomes the first state in the country to set up an Industrial Training Institute (ITI) exclusively for the differently-abled.
The ITI will offer courses in 3 trades with 20 seats per trade.
10. The State Government of Gujarat has cut Value-Added Tax (VAT) on petrol and diesel, making it the first state to follow the Centre’s directions.
11. The Ministry of Tourism is organizing a “Paryatan Parv” programme with the objective of drawing focus on the benefits of tourism, highlighting the cultural diversity of the country.
12. A 6-year project called SECURE Himalaya was launched by the Union environment minister Harsh Vardhan.
The aim of the project is to ensure conservation of locally and globally significant biodiversity, land and forest resources in the high Himalayan ecosystem.
13. President Shri Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate India Water Week on 10th October.
The theme of India Water Week – 2017 is “Water and Energy for Inclusive Growth”.
14. A three-day international conference began Global Medical Conference at CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH) in Chandigarh.
The aim of the conference is to engage industry and academic leaders to discuss current unmet medical needs globally.
15. The first ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ will be conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
This exercise will be a platform for sharing Best Practices on all aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) from 10 – 13 October 2017 in Delhi.
16. The 3-day international exhibition -9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017’ has opened at Bandra-Kurla Complex in Mumbai which was hosted by International Dentist Association (IDA).
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The World Government Summit announced that India is a guest country in its upcoming gathering.
The annual gathering is scheduled from 11th – 13th February 2018.
2. India has opened two immigration check posts along the borders with Myanmar and Bangladesh, a reflection of its growing closeness with the two eastern neighbours.
3. The high- level delegations from the Government of India and United States met to plan the “Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017” to be held in Hyderabad from 28th to 30th November.
It is the annual gathering of emerging entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders from around the world.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. India and Myanmar has signed an MoU.
The aim is the upgradation of the Women’s Police Training Center with technical & financial assistance from Government of India, at Yamethin, Myanmar.
2. Vijaya Bank has entered an MoU with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) for enabling all HPCL retail outlets with BHIM/UPI merchant solutions.
Through this, customer can make payments by scanning a payment QR code.
3. Bangladesh signed a whopping USD 4.5 billion third line of credit (LoC) agreement with India for its infrastructure and social sector development.
4. The government of India and European Investment Bank (EIB) signed the Finance Contract for lending of 300 million for Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase II Line.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the 4th Bi-Monthly Policy 2017-18.
The Repo Rate and Reverse Repo Rate were kept unchanged at 6 percent and 5.75 percent respectively.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a certain restriction on banking activities of government-owned Oriental Bank of Commerce which has suffered huge losses due to the sharp rise in the bad loan.
3. HDFC Life Insurance Company has launched Neo – a servicing bot for Twitter that uses artificial intelligence for customer service.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. ISRO will set up a research center in Guwahati for startups, academicians, environmentalists, and entrepreneurs.
The center will be a research facility in Assam to explore the possibility of using geospatial technology, which includes data generated through global positioning system (GPS).
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||Malaysian Grand Prix||Max Verstappen|
|2.||Gold In Wushu Worlds||Pooja Kadian|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||First State to get “Transgender People Toilet”||Bhopal|
|2.||Swacchata Award for Voluntary Citizen Action||KRIBHCO Fertilizer Corporative|
|3.||Swachh Iconic Place in India||Meenakshi temple|
|4.||10th Place in Global Financial Centres Index||Gujarat International Finance Tec-City|
|5.||Nobel Prize 2017 in Physiology or Medicine||Michael Rosbash, Michael W. Young & Jeffrey C. Hall|
|6.||Nobel Prize 2017 in Physics||Rainer Weiss (awarded for discovery of gravitational waves)|
|7.||Best department for contribution during Swachhta Pakhwada||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare|
|8.||Bharat Ratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Award 2017||Manik Bhide|
|9.||Nobel Prize 2017 in Chemistry||Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson|
|10.||Teaching Innovator Award-2016||P C Narayan|
|11.||India’s Wealthiest Man||Mukesh Ambani|
|12.||Nobel Prize 2017 in Literature||Kazuo Ishiguro|
|13.||Anna Politkovskaya Award||Gauri Lankesh|
|14.||Nobel Prize 2017 in Peace||International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||New Governor of Arunachal Pradesh||B.D. Mishra|
|2.||New Governor of Bihar||Satya Pal Malik|
|3.||New Governor of Tamil Nadu||Banwarilal Purohit|
|4.||New Governor of Assam||Jagdish Mukhi|
|5.||New Governor of Meghalaya||Ganga Prasad|
|6.||Lieutenant Governor of Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Devendra Kumar Joshi|
|7.||Elected Members for Sub-Categorization of other Backward ClassesChairperson||G.Rohini|
|Member(Ex-officio)-Director||Anthropological Survey of India|
|Member (Ex-officio)-Registrar||General and Census Commissioner, India|
|Chairman of Process Plant and Machinery Association, India||Yatinder Pal Singh Suri|
|8.||25th Chairman of SBI||Rajnish Kumar|
|9.||Mongolia’s New Prime Minister||Khurelsukh Ukhnaa|
|10.||Next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Macedonia||Pooja Kapur|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||International Day of Older Persons||1st October|
|2.||Swachh Bharat Diwas||2nd October|
|3.||World Teachers Day||5th October|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Purushottam Lal – Former I&B Minister|
|2.||Kundan Shah – Filmmaker|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||ITI||Industrial Training Institute|
|2.||VAT||Value Added Tax|
|3.||HDFC||Housing Development Finance Corporation|
|4.||IMTECH||Institute of Microbial Technology|
|5.||BIMSTEC||Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation|
|6.||IDA||Indian Dental Association|
|7.||IOC||Indian Oil Corporation|
|8.||BPCL||Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited|
|10.||DRR||Disaster Risk Management|
|11.||HPCL||Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited|
|12.||RBI||Reserve bank of India|
|13.||ISRO||Indian Space Research Organization|
|14.||GPS||Global Positioning System|
|15.||NDRF||National Disaster Response Force|
|16.||QR||Quick Response Code|
|17.||I&B||Information & Broadcasting|
|18.||SBI||State Bank of India|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –