Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Bills [Amendments & New]|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said that the government will undertake a program “school chalo abhiyan” from the next year to enroll “70-80 lakh” students who are out of school.
2. Narendra Modi and Japan’s PM Shinzo Abe laid the foundation for the country’s first high-speed train project.
The Rs 1,10,000-crore project – popularly called the bullet train – aims to modernize the country’s crumbling vast colonial-era rail networks.
3. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu laid the foundation for building the nation’s first Greenfield smart city project in HEC of Ranchi.
4. Kochi will host the fifth edition of Coastal Shipping and Inland Water Transportation Business Summit on 22nd September 2017.
5. Assam government will provide skill development training to as many as 30 thousand surrendered militants.
6. NIC and IAMAI have collaborated to conduct Nation Wide Hackathon #OpenGovDataHack across seven states of India.
It aims to Support & Show case potentially great Ideas/Talent from Inner India.
7. The Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju inaugurate the 2-day National Conference on “Uniformed Women in Prison Administration” on 14th September 2017.
8. Karnataka is the first state to roll out an Electric Vehicle and Energy Storage Policy to set up charging infrastructure and special manufacturing zones.
9. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Sardar Sarovar Dam – world’s second biggest dam (an Important Power Plant) on the Narmada river in Gujarat.
10. On the occasion of Hindi Diwas, President Ram Nath Kovind has launched a new ‘LILA Mobile App’ for Hindi lovers.
11. President Ram Nath Kovind has launched a nation- wide, fortnight-long sanitation campaign “‘Swachhta Hi Seva’ (Cleanliness is Service)” from 15th September 2017 to highlight the Modi government’s flagship cleanliness initiative Swachh Bharat Mission.
12. Sachin Tendulkar launched Mission-24, a programme which aims to improve the quality of life in one of Mumbai’s poorest wards through collaborative efforts in the next 24 months.
13. Union Minister Harsh Vardhan launched the ‘Wood is Good ‘campaign in New Delhi.
14. Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao flagged off a hundred mobile veterinary clinics for as many Assembly constituencies in the State.
The clinics, like 108 for people which are serviced by GVK-EMRI, will also be aided by the same combination on toll free number 1962.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The Pakistan Air Force and the Chinese People’s Liberation Army-Air Force (PLAAF) began joint training exercises dubbed ‘Shaheen VI’ in China.
2. India’s External Affairs Minister Ms. Sushma Swaraj participated in the third Eastern Economic Forum (EEF), which was held in Vladivostok, Russia.
3. 5th East Asia Summit Economic Ministers Meeting was held in Pasay City, Philippines on 9th September 2017.
4. India is sending humanitarian assistance under Operation Insaniyat to Bangladesh to help with the influx of Rohingya refugees.
5. Exercise Yudh Abhyas – 2017, a joint military exercise between Indian and US armies commenced at Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington, USA with a brief and impressive opening ceremony.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Safe Water Network (NGO) has partnered with Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC)
The aim is to launch water ATMs, providing affordable, 24×7 safe water access in Hyderabad.
2. Amazon India ties up with Bank of Baroda for microlending.
To offer unsecured microloans as small as Rs 1 lakh up to Rs 25 lakh in a short span of three-five days.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. India, Switzerland ink two MoUs in the field of Railways.
MoU between Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) and Swiss Federal Institute of Technology.
MoU between Ministry of Railways and Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications of the Swiss Federation on Technical.
2. Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) enters Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with IIS Bangalore for development of ground water flow models.
3. Assam Government have signed MoU with Google.
The aim is to take Internet connectivity to the remotest part of the state.
4. CBDT signs MoU with Corporate Affairs Ministry for Data Sharing.
It will enable sharing of specific information such as permanent account number (PAN) data in respect of corporates, income tax returns of corporates
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. The PFRDA has announced that the upper age limit for joining the National Pension Scheme (NPS) have been raised to 65 years, from the current 60.
2. HDFC Bank surpassed Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to become the country’s second most valued firm in terms of market valuation.
3. Tech giant Google will launch a digital payment service- Google TEZ in India next week.
The service will include support for Unified Payments Interface (UPI) as well as mobile wallets like Paytm and MobiKwik.
4. IndusInd Bank has secured up to $200 million (about Rs 1,282 crore) loan from to serve low-income women borrowers in rural areas.
5. The Reserve Bank of India is considering a proposal to introduce India’s own cryptocurrency that will be similar to Bitcoin.
The government might name its cryptocurrency “Lakshmi”
Bills [Amendments & New] – See How Many New Bills have been passed in 2017
1. Assam government has passed PRANAM Bill.
The Bill has mandatory for Assam government employees to look after their aged and dependent parents and physically challenged siblings, if any, who don’t have their own source of income.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. DRDO develops trawl system to locate landmines.
The Trawl System developed by DRDO can breach a variety of land mines including passive and active influence mines.
2. Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman flagged-off Indian Naval Sailing Vessel (INSV) Tarini at the INS Mandovi naval training base near Panaji.
The crew of the ‘Sagar Parikrama’ comprises of six-member all women team on board.
The crew is expected to return to Goa in April 2018
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||US Open 2017 Men’s Category Winner||Rafael Nadal|
|2.||US Open 2017 Women’s double crown||Martina Hingis|
|3.||Host Country of BWF World Senior Badminton Championship||Kochi|
|4.||Winner of 2nd SABA U-16 Championship title||India|
|5.||National Kickboxing Championship-Winner of Chief Minister’s cup||Maharashtra|
|6.||Host City of 36th National Games||Goa|
|7.||Hosts Country of 2024 and 2028 Olympic Games||Paris and Los Angeles|
|8.||Winner of Korea Open Super Series title||PV Sindhu|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||One World Festival Award Winner in the field of organic farming, Sikkim||Pawan Chamling|
|2.||Container Terminal of the Year Award 2017||Jawaharlal Nehru Port Container Terminal|
|3.||Krishi Pragati Awards 2017||Raghunandan Money|
|4.||Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar||Vijaya Bank|
|5.||Winner of Balzan Prize||Bina Agarwal (Indian economist)|
|6.||Global Diversity Award||Salman Khan|
|7.||World’s 10th most expensive office location||New Delhi’s Connaught Place|
|8.||World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Human Capital Index 2017.||India stands at 103rd position|
|9.||Fortune’s annual list of the Top 50 companies||Tata Consultancy|
|10.||Most valuable Citizenship in the world||Germany|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||Advisor for bullet train project||Sanjeev Sinha|
|2.||Member of cabinet committee on Economic & Political affairs||Nirmala Sitharaman|
|3.||Singapore’s first woman President||Halimah Yacob|
|4.||CMD of United India Insurance||M Nagaraja Sarma|
|5.||First special envoy for the oceans||Peter Thomson|
|6.||India’s ambassador to the Slovak Republic||Shri Harsh Kumar Jain|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||National Hindi Divas||14 September|
|2.||International Day of Democracy||15 September|
|3.||World Ozone Day||16 September|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Shyama Singh – Former Congress MP|
|2.||Arjan Singh – India’s first ever IAF Marshal|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||INSV||Indian Naval Sailing Vessel|
|2.||GST||Goods and Services Tax|
|3.||HEC||Heavy Engineering Corporation|
|4.||UNESCO||United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization|
|6.||NTPC||National Thermal Power Corporation|
|7.||NHSRC||National High-Speed Rail Corporation|
|8.||PLAAF||People’s Liberation Army-Air Force|
|9.||EEF||Eastern Economic Forum|
|10.||WEF||World Economic Forum|
|11.||USA||United Nations of America|
|12.||RBI||Reserve Bank of India|
|14.||BSNL||Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited|
|15.||GHMC||Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation|
|16.||CGWB||Central Ground Water Board|
|17.||IIS||Indian Institute of Science|
|18.||PFRDA||Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority|
|19.||NPS||National Pension Scheme|
|20.||TCS||Tata Consultancy Services|
|21.||JICA||Japan International Cooperation Agency|
|22.||ADB||Asian Development Bank|
|23.||ACE||Armament & Combat Engineering|
|24.||DRDO||Defence Research and Development Organization|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –