Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Banking & Economics Affairs|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. Ministry of Power launched Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana ‘Saubhagya’ Web Portal.
The portal can be accessed at http://saubhagya.gov.in.
The web portal aims to ensure transparency as well as accelerate household electrification in rural as well as urban areas in the country.
2. CCEA has approved four sub-schemes under Umbrella Scheme Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS).
These four schemes include Anganwadi services, programme for adolescent girls called Sabla, Child Protection Services and National Creche Scheme.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved an increase in carpet area of houses under a Government Scheme named Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
The purpose is to further enhance the scope, coverage and outreach of Scheme.
4. Madhya Pradesh has partnered with Nagaland and Manipur under Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat Yojana to strengthen cultural relations between them.
5. The target of 100 percent completion of installing bio-toilets in the Indian Railways coaches has been advanced to December 2018.
6. The Union Ministry of Power has launched National Power Portal (NPP), a Centralized Platform for Collation and Dissemination of Indian power sector information.
The system has been conceptualized, designed and developed by NIC. It can be accessed at http://npp.gov.in.
7. Indian Railways has launched Project Saksham, country’s largest time-bound “upskilling” exercise for its employees to boost their efficiency.
It aims to upgrade the skill sets of 13 lakh-strong workforces of Indian Railways with a single drive spanning nine months.
8. Urdu was declared second official language in Telangana.
It was announced by Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao in the state Assembly.
9. President Ram Nath Kovind launched various schemes with the total expenditure of Rs 3,455 crore in Jharkhand. The various schemes launched are:
Mukhyamantri Health Insurance Scheme- Rs 636-crore.
‘108 Ambulance’ service- Rs 290-crore.
JOHAR schemes – Rs 1500 crore.
10. India’s first Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit has been organized in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh.
It aims to inspire, nurture and promote the spirit of entrepreneurship among the tribal youth.
11. The Ministry of Women and Child Development is set to celebrate the Child Rights Week from 16th-20th November 2017 by hosting an Inter CCI Festival named – Hausala 2017.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. China launched world’s first fully electric cargo ship in Guangzhou, the capital city of Guangdong province.
It is the first ship in the world to use a lithium battery.
2. The 10th South Asia Economic Summit (SAES-2017) was held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The theme of Summit was “Deepening Economic Integration for Inclusive and Sustainable Development in South Asia”.
3. 31st ASEAN Summit was held in Philippines from 12th- 14th November 2017.
Around 20 world leaders attended the meeting.
4. Saudi Arabia has officially approved Yoga as a sporting activity under its Ministry of Trade and Industry.
The Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman (known as MBS) launched the new vision 2030 that focuses on the development and investing in youth.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Punjab National Bank (PNB) and Action Construction Equipment Ltd (ACE) have tied up for augmenting tractors/agricultural implements financing to the farmers across the country through PNB’s branch network.
2. Digital payments platform Paytm is acquiring deal discovery startups, Nearbuy and Little for about $30 million in a cash-and-stock deal.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. The government approved a MoU between India and Poland for co-operation in the field of civil aviation.
The objective of the MoU is to recognize the mutual benefit of cooperation in civil aviation, particularly improving regional air connectivity in India.
2. India and Philippines have signed four agreements in areas of defence, agriculture, small and medium enterprises and a tie-up between think-tanks.
3. Andhra Pradesh government and Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited signed a MoU to undertake a feasibility study on the introduction of electric vehicles and the necessary systems and infrastructure.
4. Reliance General Insurance has signed a comprehensive bancassurance-corporate agency agreement with YES Bank.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. The Union Government launched BHARAT-22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) managed by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund targeting an initial amount of about Rs. 8000 crores.
2. Private sector RBL Bank has set up an all- women branch in Chennai.
The branch at R. A. Puram, would be managed by eight women and offer all products and services across liability and assets.
3. International rating agency Moody’s Investors Service has upgraded India’s sovereign bond rating for the first time in nearly 14 years.
The agency lifted the country’s rating to Baa2 from Baa3.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. Joint Indo-Bangladesh Training Exercise SAMPRITI 2017 culminated at Counter Insurgency & Jungle Warfare School, Vairengte in Mizoram.
The exercise was aimed to strengthen and broaden the aspects of interoperability and cooperation between the Indian and Bangladesh Armies.
2. NASA has launched a next-generation satellite called the Joint Polar Satellite System-1 (JPSS-1) into space.
It was launched into orbit atop United Launch Alliance-built Delta II rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
3. Central Government has given approval for setting up India’s first mega Coastal Economic Zone (CEZ) at the Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Maharashtra.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||IBSF World Billiards Championship 2017||Pankaj Advani|
|2.||Pakistan’s Cricketer who recently announced retirement from all forms of Cricket.||Saeed Ajmal|
|3.||Brazilian Grand Prix 2017||Sebastian Vettel|
|4.||Knoxville Challenger Title- Men’s Double Category||Leander Paes and Purav Raja|
|5.||Host country of 2023 Rugby World Cup||France|
|6.||Sportswoman of the Year||Mithali Raj|
|7.||Which country has failed to qualify for FIFA||Italy|
|8.||The Hero Women’s Indian Open Winner||Camille Chevalier|
|9.||National Wrestling Championship Gold Medalist-55kg Category||Vinesh Phogat|
|10.||National Wrestling Championship Gold Medalist-50kg Category||Ritu Phogat|
|11.||National Wrestling Championship Gold Medalist-74kg Category||Sushil Kumar|
|12.||National Wrestling Championship Gold Medalist-59kg Category||Geeta Phogat|
|13.||National Wrestling Championship Gold Medalist-62kg Category||Sakshi Malik|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Miss World 2017||Manushi Chhillar (India)|
|2.||India’s First Woman Advocate||Cornelia Sorabji (Google’s Doodle celebrates her 151st Birthday)|
|3.||First Indian State to treat Hepatitis-C with Oral Medicine||Haryana|
|4.||Kalinga Safety Award||Neelachal Ispat Nigam Limited (NINL)|
|5.||Indian Sportsperson to be honored with D. Litt. Degree (By NIT Agartala)||Dipa Karmakar (Gymnast)|
|6.||Indian State topped in Mobilizing Jan Dhan Accounts||Uttar Pradesh|
|7.||Host Country of Global Conference on Cyber Space 2017||India|
|8.||Miss International 2017||Kevin Lilliana (Indonesia)|
|9.||World’s Best Travel Destination For 2017||Canada|
|10.||Rashtriya Bal Kalyan Award||Anand Kumar (Super 30 Founder)|
|11.||NTR National Film Award||Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth|
|12.||State which has India’ first Culinary Museum||Karnataka (Indian Chef Vikas Khanna will open)|
|13.||Forbes List of Asia’s richest families Topped by||India’s Ambani family|
|14.||Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2017||Manmohan Singh (Former Prime Minister)|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||New appointment in Financial Stability Institute Advisory Board (FSAB)||Urjit Patel (RBI Governor)|
|2.||New Director General of UNESCO||Audrey Azoulay|
|3.||Next Ambassador of India to Ecuador||Ravi Bangar|
|4.||New Chairman of BSE||S. Ravi|
|5.||Slovenia New President||Borut Pahor (re-elected)|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||World Kindness Day||13 November|
|2..||World Diabetes Day||14 November|
|3.||Children’s Day||14 November|
|4.||International Day for Tolerance||16 November|
|5.||National Press Day||16 November|
|6.||World Philosophy Day||16 November|
|7.||World Toilet Day||19 November|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Abdul Mannan Hossain-Former Murshidabad MP|
|2.||Kunwar Narain- Hindi Poet|
|3.||David Poisson- French Olympic Skier|
|4.||Shyama- Veteran Bollywood Actress|
|5.||Dr. Lata Anantha- Environmental and Social Activist|
|6.||Naim Suleymanoglu- 3-time Olympic gold medal-winning weightlifter|
|7.||Daniel Hegarty- British Motorcyclist|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||NIC||National Informatics Centre|
|2.||JOHAR||Jharkhand’s Opportunities for Harnessing Rural Development|
|3.||CCEA||Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs|
|4.||ASEAN||Association of Southeast Asian Nations|
|5.||ICICI||Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India|
|6.||CEZ||Coastal Economic Zone|
|7.||IBSF||International Billiards and Snooker Federation|
|8.||FIFA||Federation Internationale de Football Association|
|9.||NTR||Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao|
|10.||FSAB||Financial Stability Institute Advisory Board|
|11.||UNESCO||United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization|
|12.||BSE||Bombay Stock Exchange|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –