Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Bills [Amendments & New]|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. The UIDAI has launched a new mobile application for syncing Aadhaar data on mobile phones – mAadhaar
2. The Union Government released the 76- point National Trade Facilitation Action Plan (NTFAP).
It was released by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in New Delhi.
3. The Union Finance Ministry has launched Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY), a pension scheme for senior citizens aged 60 years and above.
Under this scheme, senior citizens will get a guaranteed interest of 8% for 10 years depending upon the investment made by them.
4. A museum in honour of late President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam will be inaugurated on 27th July in Tamil Nadu’s Rameshwaram.
5. The first meeting of the newly formed Integrated Monitoring and Advisory Council (IMAC) was held in New Delhi - chaired by Dharmendra Pradhan.
6. Government has asked recruitment agencies like the UPSC, RRB, SSC to Share Competitive Exam Scores at NCS’s Online Portal.
The initiative is aimed at the government’s effort to boost hiring by the private sector.
7. The Telangana government launched a special portal to receive complaints from the public- Janahitha.
8. Union Ministry will launch a sub-scheme under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) – Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY).
AGEY aims to provide an alternative source of livelihood to members of Self Help Groups (SHGs).
9. The Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC), in association with the West Bengal government, will host Horasis Asia Meeting, a global business meet, in Kolkata in November 2017.
10. Former Union Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu filed his nomination papers for the Vice President’s election.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. India will host Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS) 2017, the world’s largest conference on cyber space and related issues in November 2017 in New Delhi.
2. Indonesia has renamed the northern reaches of its exclusive economic zone in the South China Sea as the North Natuna Sea.
3. Australia became the 35th country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
The aim of ISA is to support developing countries to boost their solar production capacity.
4. India has become the third biggest terror target after Iraq and Afghanistan.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. MobiKwik has integrated its wallet into Samsung Pay Mini, a mobile payment platform focused on Samsung’s budget and mid-range phones.
2. SBI and Carlyle Group will acquire GE Capital’s entire stake in SBI Card, the second-largest credit card franchise in India.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. SEBI has signed a MoU with the ESMA for exchange of information concerning Central Counterparties (CCPs).
CCPs are entities that facilitate clearing and settlement activities.
2. India and Sri Lanka have signed a MoU to develop a village in Anuradhapura District (in Sri Lanka) at a cost of 30 crores Sri Lankan rupees.
The village will be in the name of a famous Buddhist monk Sobitha Thero.
3. Indian Army has signed MoU with DRDO to raise one regiment of the advanced Medium Range Surface to Air Missiles (MRSAM) defence system.
4. Bank of Baroda has signed a MoU with Directorate General of Supplies & Disposal (DGS&D) for extending various banking services to Government e-Marketplace (GeM).
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. State Bank of India launched a dedicated portal that will help home buyers to choose flats from its 3,000 approved projects across the country- SBI Realty
2. Asian Development Bank cuts India inflation outlook to 4% in 2017-18.
India is expected to achieve its earlier April forecasts of 7.4% growth in 2017-18 and 7.6% in 2018-19, primarily due to strong consumption.
3.Karnataka Bank has announced the launch a single premium plan covering the loan liability of a customer – Met Loan & Life Suraksha (MLLS).
The bank also introduced ‘KBL MLLS’ app, which marks the celebration of 15 years of partnership with M/s PNB MetLife.
Bills [Amendments & New] – See How Many New Bills have been passed in 2017
1. The Lok Sabha passed the Indian Institute of Information Technology Public Private Partnership (IIIT-PPP) Bill, 2017 to allow 15 IIITs established on a PPP model to grant degrees and get statutory status.
2. The Lok Sabha has passed The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
The Bill amends the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (RTE), 2009 to extend the deadline for teachers to acquire the prescribed minimum qualifications for appointment.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. United States Navy successfully tested the world’s first-ever active Laser Weapons System (LaWS).
2. Indian Navy’s second LCU (landing craft utility) Mark IV L52 ship was formally launched in Kolkata, West Bengal.
3. Astrosat, Chandra and Hubble Space Telescope have detected a massive coronal explosion on sun’s closest star neighbour- Proxima Centauri
4. US and Australia have jointly test-fired a hypersonic missile capable of moving at a speed eight times faster than sound as part of a $54-million research project-HIFiRE
5. Google has launched a recruiting app for small- and medium-sized businesses that also integrates seamlessly with G Suite- Hire
It is a move to compete with Microsoft-owned LinkedIn.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|1.||World Para Athletics Bronze Medal Winner||Karamjyoti Dala|
|2.||ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 Winner||England|
|3.||2017 Yonex US Open Grand Prix – Gold badminton tournament title||H S Prannoy (Indian Shuttler)|
|4.||British Grand Prix Winner||Lewis Hemilton (Mercedes)|
|5.||Dutch Open Junior Squash Championships Winner||Neel Joshi, Ananya Dabke|
|6.||Bowling Coach of the Indian Cricket team||Bharat Arun|
|7.||World Para Athletics Championships 2017- Silver Medalist||Amit Saroha|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||18th IIFFA Awards 2017 Best Film||Neerja|
|Best Director:||Anirudh Roy Chaudhary for Pink|
|Best Actor (Male)||Shahid Kapoor for Udta Punjab|
|Best Actor (Female)||Alia Bhatt for Udta Punjab|
|Best Actor in Supporting Role (Female)||Shabana Azmi for Neerja|
|Best Actor in Supporting Role (Male)||Anupam Kher for MS Dhoni-The Untold Story|
|IIFA Woman of The Year||Tapsee Pannu|
|2.||World’s Best City||San Miguel de Allende in Mexico|
|3.||World Fastest Growing Economies List 2017||India ranked 4th|
|4.||Most Powerful Arab Women in Government 2017 Winner||Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi|
|5.||Lokmat Parliamentary Awards 2017Lok Sabha: -Lifetime Achievement Award||LK Advani|
|Best Parliamentarian Award 2016||N K Premchandran|
|Best Woman Parliamentarian Award 2016||Kumari Sushmita Dev|
|Best Debut Woman Parliamentarian Award 2016||Meenakshi Lekhi|
|Rajya Sabha: -Lifetime Achievement Award -||Sharad Yadav|
|Best Parliamentarian Award 2016||Sitaram Yechury|
|Best Woman Parliamentarian Award 2016||Jaya Bachchan|
|Best Debut Woman Parliamentarian Award 2016||Rajani Patil|
|6.||2017 Fortune Global 500 List Topped by||Walmart|
|7.||WPC Excellence Award||Indian Oil|
|8.||Commitment to Reducing Inequality Index||India ranks 132 among 152 countries|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||19th Chief Minister of Nagaland||TR Zeliang|
|2.||India’s 14th President||Ram Nath Kovind|
|3.||New Chief Justice of Nepal||Justice Gopal Prasad Parajuli|
|4.||New Boards of Directors Appointed in Tesla||James Murdoch and Linda Johnson Rice|
|5.||First Female President of UK Supreme Court||Brenda Hale|
|6.||Joint Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office||Gopal Baglay|
|7.||Secretary to new President||Sanjay Kothari|
|8.||Next Spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs||Raveesh Kumar|
|9.||Additional Charge of I & B Ministry||Smriti Irani|
|10.||Additional Charge of Urban Development ministry||Narendra Singh Tomar|
|11.||New members of Lok Sabha||Farooq Abdullah (National Conference leader and former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister)|
|PK Kunhalikutty (Indian Union Muslim League leader)|
|12.||UK India Business Council||Lord Davies|
|13.||COO of the Indian Premier League||Hemang Amin|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|1.||World Day for International Justice||17th July|
|2.||Nelson Mandela International Day||18th July|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Udupi Ramachandra Rao- Space Scientist and Former Chairman of ISRO|
|2.||Nar BahadurBhandari- Former Sikkim CM|
|3.||Chester Bennington- American rock band Linkin Park’s lead vocalist|
|4.||Maryam Mirzakhani –First Woman to Win Math’s Highest Award|
|5.||Martin Landau- Hollywood Actor|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||UIDAI||Unique Identification Authority of India|
|2.||NTFAP||National Trade Facilitation Action Plan|
|3.||PMVVY||Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana|
|4.||IMAC||Integrated Monitoring and Advisory Council|
|5.||UPSC||Union Public Service Commission|
|6.||RRB||Railway Recruitment Board|
|7.||SSC||Staff Selection Commission|
|8.||NCS||National Career Service|
|9.||DAY-NRLM||Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission|
|10.||AGEY||Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana|
|11.||SHGs||Self Help Groups|
|12.||ICC||Indian Chamber of Commerce|
|13.||GCCS||Global Conference on Cyber Space|
|14.||ISA||International Solar Alliance|
|15.||SBI||State Bank of India|
|16.||GE capital||General Electric Capital|
|17.||KBL MLLS||Karnataka Bank Limited- Met Loan & Life Suraksha|
|18.||SEBI||Securities and Exchange Board of India|
|19.||ESMA||European Securities and Markets Authority|
|20.||DRDO||Defence Research and Development Organisation|
|21.||MRSAM||Medium Range Surface to Air Missiles|
|22.||DGS&D||Directorate General of Supplies & Disposal|
|23.||LCU||Landing Craft Utility|
|24.||ICC||International Cricket Council|
|25.||IIFA||International Indian Film Academy Awards|
|26.||I & B Ministry||Information & Broadcasting Ministry|
|27.||COO||Chief Operating Officer|
|28.||ISRO||Indian Space Research Organisation|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –