Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. The Union Cabinet has approved signing an agreement on Cooperation between India and Russia in the field of combating all forms of terrorism and organized crime.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved setting up of 15th Finance Commission (FC).
It is a constitutional obligation to set up FC under Article 280 (1) of the Constitution.
3. The government will soon initiate a comprehensive ‘Safe City’ plan for women in eight cities for women in eight metropolitan cities of the country….
It will be implemented in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Lucknow, Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
4. CCEA has approved the expansion of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) Yojana for a pan India coverage from 2017-18 to 2019-20.
It expansion has proposed outlay of Rs.1132.5 crore. It will cover 640 districts of the country and proposed an outlay of Rs.1132.5 crore.
5. CCEA approved Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme for a period 2017-18 to 2019-20.
The scheme is part of Umbrella Scheme Mission for Protection and Empowerment for Women.
It aims at empowering rural women through community participation to create an environment in which they realize their full potential.
6. The Communal Harmony Campaign Week was observed from 19th -25th November 2017 by National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH).
It aimed at fostering and reinforcing the spirit of communal harmony, national integration and pride in vibrant, composite culture and nationhood.
7. Rajasthan government has launched ‘Dishari’, an educational mobile application that provides free study materials for youths preparing for competitive examinations.
8. Indian Railways has installed Asia’s Largest Solid -State Interlocking System, a cutting-edge technology in West Bengal.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The UNFCCC Climate Change Conference (COP23) was held in Bonn, Germany.
It concluded with countries putting in place a roadmap for Talanoa Dialogue, a year-long process to assess countries’ progress on climate actions.
2. The 42nd World Congress of the International Committee of Military Medicine (ICMM) was held in New Delhi.
The theme of this edition of World Congress is Military Medicine in Transition: Looking Ahead.
3. The first India-Myanmar Bilateral Military Exercise 2017 -IMBAX 2017 was held at Joint Warfare Centre at the Umroi Joint Training Node in Meghalaya.
4. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the 5th edition of Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS) in New Delhi.
The theme of the two-day conference is Cyber4All: A Secure and Inclusive Cyberspace for Sustainable Development.
5. India is going to host 36th International Geological Congress (IGC) in 2020 in NCR New Delhi.
6. China has successfully launched remote sensing satellites designed to conduct electromagnetic probes and other experiments.
The satellites were launched on board of Long March-2C rocket.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. The Union Government has signed a guarantee agreement for IBRD/CTF loan of US $98 million and Grant Agreement for US $2 million for Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project with World Bank.
2. The government has signed four MoUs under UDAY Scheme with Nagaland and UTs of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadra & Nagar Haveli & Daman & Diu for operational improvements.
With this, 27 States and 4 UTs have joined UDAY till date.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. Union Cabinet has the proposal to promulgate an ordinance under Article 123 of Constitution to make certain amendments in the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
2. SBI Bank will soon launch country’s first integrated lifestyle and banking digital service platform named YONO (acronym for ‘You Only Need One’).
3. Andhra Bank has launched a new scheme – Pattabhi Sitaramayya for self-help groups (SHGs) to encourage entrepreneurship.
The scheme was introduced to commemorate the 138th birth anniversary of its founder Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya.
4. Union Cabinet has approved India’s Membership for the European Bank for Reconstruction & Development (EBRD).
5. Axis Bank in association with Mumbai Police has launched its latest campaign #MuhPeTaala to promote safe banking.
The aim of the campaign is to raise awareness about how to keep oneself safe from falling prey to fraudulent calls asking information such as pin code, CVV, OTP etc.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. NASA successfully tested Supersonic Landing Parachute that will be deployed in its Mars rover mission set to launch in 2020.
2. The world’s fastest supersonic cruise missile BrahMos was successfully test fired from Indian Air Force’s (IAF) Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jet for the first time.
3. The Union Government launched new all-in-one mobile application -UMANG with an aim to make Government services accessible on mobile phone of the citizens.
It offers 162 services from 33 state and central government departments and four states.
4. The Defence of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Exercise (DANX-2017) was conducted under the aegis of Andaman & Nicobar Command from 20th to 24th November 2017.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||Under-23 Senior World Wrestling Championship- Silver Medalist||Ritu Phogat|
|2.||Asian Marathon Championship 2017 Winner||Gopi Thonakal|
|3.||Host city of Women’s Youth World Boxing Championship||Guwahati|
|4.||2017 ATP Finals Winner||Grigor Dimitrov|
|5.||Hong Kong Open Superseries Silver Medalist||P V Sindhu|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||2017 Tata Literature Live Lifetime Achievement Award||Girish Karnad|
|2.||IMD Talent Ranking 2017||India ranks 51 among 63 countries|
|3.||Host city of International Film Festival of India||Goa|
|4.||Asia Pacific Screen Award- Best Actor||Rajkumar Rao – Newton|
|5.||Asia Pacific Screen Award-Best Screenplay||Mayank Tewari and Amit V Masurkar- Newton|
|6.||Lifetime Achievement Award at Times Literature Fest 2017||Nayantara Sahgal|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||Re-elected member to International Court of Justice||Dalveer Bhandari|
|2.||First-ever female pilot to be inducted into Indian Navy||Shubhangi Swaroop|
|3.||IFFI acting Chairperson||Rahul Rawail|
|4.||UNAIDS Special Ambassador for Adolescents and HIV.||Quarraisha Abdool Karim|
|5.||New President of Zimbabwe||Emmerson Mnangagwa|
|6.||New Indian Envoy to China||Gautam Bambawale|
|7.||Director General of Doordarshan News||Ira Joshi|
|8.||UNICEF Celebrity Advocate||Trisha Krishnan (South Indian Actor)|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||Universal Children’s Day||20 November|
|2..||World Fisheries Day||21 November|
|3..||International day for the Elimination of Violence against Women||25 November|
|4.||National Law Day||26 November|
|5.||Constitution Day||26 November|
|6.||National Milk Day||26 November|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi- Veteran Congress Leader|
|2.||Jana Novotna- Tennis Player, Czech Winner of Wimbledon|
|3.||Habibullah Basha- Noted Jurist of Madras Bar|
|4.||Digumarthy Kamalamma- Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader|
|5.||Jon Hendricks- Jazz Singer and Lyricist|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||CCEA||Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs|
|2.||NFCH||National Foundation for Communal Harmony|
|3.||UDAY||Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana|
|4.||SBI||State Bank of India|
|5.||EBRD||European Bank for Reconstruction & Development|
|6.||NASA||National Aeronautics and Space Administration|
|7.||UMANG||Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance|
|8.||IFFI||International Film Festival of India|
|9.||UNFCC||United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change|
|10.||IBRD||International Bank for Reconstruction and Development|
|11.||CVV||Card Verification Value|
|12.||OTP||One Time Password|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –