Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Appointments GK Updates|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. HRD Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar has launched ‘Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat’
It is an initiative of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan to prepare a physical Health and Fitness profile card for more than 12 lakhs of Kendriya Vidyalaya students.
2. Indian Navy has commissioned its second ship of Landing Craft Utility MK-IV, Navy at Port Blair.
3. Home Minister has launched Digital Police Portal under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS) project which will enable citizens to register FIRs online.
4. Karnataka has launched Cloud seeding project- Varshadhare at Jakkur Airfield.
It aims at catalyzing the process of precipitation, so that rainfall could be increased by 15-20 per cent in drought-affected areas of the State.
5. NITI Aayog has launched Mentor India Campaign- A strategic nation building initiative to engage leaders for guiding and mentoring students at Atal Tinkering Labs.
6. The Supreme Court of India has declared Islamic practice of instant divorce through triple talaq as unconstitutional, illegal and void and not protected by Article 25 of Constitution.
7. 17th Meeting of FSDC Held in New Delhi under the Chairmanship of the Union Minister of Finance Arun Jaitley.
8. Government has finalized New Cadre Policy of IAS, IPS, IFOS which is aimed at ensuring national integration in the country’s top bureaucracy.
9. The Supreme Court has declared Right to Privacy as Fundamental Right which was held by J.S Khehar
10. Andhra Pradesh becomes the first to implement Bharat QR Digital Payments.
Bharat QR is a secure, network-agnostic interface that enables customers to use their smartphones to make payments.
11. The Ministry of External Affairs has inaugurated first Videsh Bhawan in Mumbai.
The Ministry has decided to integrate all its offices in Maharashtra into a single building – the “Videsh Bhavan” – for effective management.
12. The Union Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs is going to establish National Sports Museum at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
The aim of the sports museum is to popularize the sports as a way of life within the country.
13. The Government has formed a task Force on Artificial Intelligence.
It will explore the possibilities to leverage Artificial Intelligence for development across various fields for the country’s Economic Transformation.
14. Unique Identification Authority of India has Launched Door Step Aadhar Enrolment for the elderly, patients and others who cannot travel the Aadhar centers.
15. The Prime Minister interacted with Young Entrepreneurs at the “Champions of Change” Initiative organized by NITI Aayog.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The first regional centre of New Development Bank has opened in South Africa.
It was set up by India and other BRICS nations.
2. The Festival of India was being organized in Cote D’ivoire, Liberia and Guinea-
The Festival will highlight diverse Indian culture, i.e. classical and folk dances.
3. The International Military Music Festival was held in Moscow.
Every year about 1500 musicians, military men, and other artists from around 40 countries perform at the “Spasskaya Tower”.
4. Google has brought its public Wi-Fi programme ‘Google Station’ to Indonesia that will help improves access to Internet at railway stations and other locations.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Qatar Airways has entered into Interline Partnership with full-service domestic airline Vistara.
2. TRAI has signed a deal with Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission to jointly conduct capacity building exercises in the fields of broadcasting and telecommunications regulation.
Karnataka tie up with Microsoft to Develop India’s First Farm Price Forecasting Model.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. 8 MoUs were signed between India and Nepal.
The MoUs signed will largely provide aid to Nepal for the recovery from its disastrous earthquakes.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved an MoU between India and Nepal for starting construction of a new Bridge over Mechi River at India Nepal border.
The new bridge will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs. 158.65 crore.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. NABARD sanctions Rs. 1,350-cr loan to Rajasthan Government- for creation of rural infrastructure in the state under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF).
2. FDI jumps 37% to 10.4 Billion USD during April-June 2017.
India had received USD 7.59 billion FDI during April-June 2016-17.
The main sectors which attracted the highest foreign inflows include services, telecom, trading, computer hardware and software and automobile
3. RBI to issue Rs. 200 notes which are likely to be in circulation shortly.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. Android Oreo Released by Google, which is named after Oreo chocolate biscuits.
2. Microsoft has unveiled ‘Project Brainwave’ for Real-Time AI for deep learning acceleration platform for real-time artificial intelligence (AI).
3. Taiwan has launched First Homegrown Satellite- Formosat-5, the first homegrown observation satellite, from an air base in the US.
4. The Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘Varuna’ was decommissioned.
ICGS Varuna was fourth of its series, known as Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) and built by Mazagaon Dock, Mumbai.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||Junior Shotgun World Cup- Bronze Medalist||Shapath Bharadwaj|
|2.||World Badminton Championships Leading players of India||PV Sindhu, Saina Nehwal & K Srikant|
|3.||Host country of 58th edition of Subroto International Cup for Football Tournament||India|
|4.||Host country of 2018 Table Tennis Team World Cup||London|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Agriculture Leadership Award||K Chandrashekhar Rao|
|2.||National Sports Awards 2017||Para Olympian Devendra Jhajharia and Hockey player Sardar Singh|
|3.||Arjuna Award||Oinam Bembem Devi (Indian Football Star)|
|4.||Biju Patnaik Award for Scientific Excellence||Naveen Patnaik (Odisha Chief Minister)|
|5.||UEFA Player of the Year||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|6.||Asia’s Richest Man (Alibaba’s)||Jack Ma|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||DG, Railway Protection Force||Dharmendra Kumar|
|2.||New Railway Board Chairman||Ashwani Lohani|
|3.||Chairman of Infosys||Nandan M.Nilekani|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||P V Narasimha Rao -Media Advisor to Former PM|
|2.||Jerry Lewis- Comedy legend|
|3.||Rishang Keishing- Former Manipur CM|
|4.||Brian Aldiss, British Science Fiction Writer|
|5.||Tony De Brum- ‘Hero’ of Paris Climate Agreement|
|6.||Ramananda Sengupta, India’s Oldest Cinematographer|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||AGEY||Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana|
|2.||NITI||National Institute for Transforming India|
|3.||LCU||Landing Craft utility|
|4.||ASEAN||Association of Southeast Asian Nations|
|5.||FIR||First Information Report|
|7.||FSDC||Financial Stability and Development Council|
|8.||IAS||Indian Administrative Service|
|9.||IPS||Indian Police Service|
|10.||IFS||Indian Forest Service|
|12.||FIFA||Federation International de Football Association|
|13.||MEA||Ministry of External Affairs|
|15.||UIDAI||Unique Identification Authority of India|
|16.||CEO||Chief Executive Officer|
|17.||GPS||Global Positioning System|
|18.||NASA||The National Aeronautics and Space Administration|
|19.||BRICS||Brazil, Russia, India, China & South Africa|
|20.||NDB||New Development Bank|
|22.||ONGC||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation|
|23.||HPCL||Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited|
|24.||USD||United States Dollar|
|25.||RBI||Reserve Bank of India|
|26.||TRAI||Telecom Regulatory Authority of India|
|27.||FSDC||Financial Stability and Development Council|
|28.||FDI||Foreign Direct Investment|
|29.||NABARD||National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –