Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Banking & Economics Affairs|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. India’s first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) for Skilling in Smart Cities has launched in New Delhi under Skill India Mission in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a global conference on consumer protection in New Delhi.
The theme of the conference was “Empowering Consumers in New Markets”.
3. The Union Ministries of Power and Textiles have jointly launched an initiative ‘SAATHI’ (Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to help small industries).
4. PM Narendra Modi dedicated the Bidar – Kalaburagi New Railway Line to the Nation by unveiling a plaque at Bidar Railway Station in Karnataka.
5. India will host the next United Nations (UN) Global Wildlife Conference in 2020, which was announced at the closing CMSCOP12 plenary, Philippines.
The theme of the conference was ‘their Future is Our Future – Sustainable Development for Wildlife and People’.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. Burundi became the first nation ever to leave the International Criminal Court (ICC), set up 15 years ago to prosecute those behind the world’s worst atrocities.
2. India and the United States have agreed to implement the program for Helicopter Operations from Ships Other Than Aircraft Carriers (HOSTAC).
They “agreed on the importance of a rules-based international order” in which all the nations can prosper, and the ‘need to work together’ against the common threat of terrorism.
3. The world’s first hybrid electric tram powered by hydrogen fuel cells has started running in China, marking a big step in the application of green energy in public transport.
It can run for 40 kilometers at a maximum speed of 70 kilometers per hour after being refilled with 12 kilograms of hydrogen.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. NRDC has signed a MoU each with EBTC and Lovely Professional University.
The MoU is for capacity building in intellectual property management by organizing training programmes in IP management and patent research and analysis and commercialization of IPRs.
2. Bangladesh has signed a long-term sales and purchase MoU with an Indian Refiner to import gas oil to meet the country’s energy demand.
The MoU was signed between Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation (BPC) and Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL).
3. Central American country Nicaragua has signed the Paris Agreement on climate change to face global warming and its effects.
4. Karnataka government announced the signing of an MoU with Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited.
The aim is to empower smallholder farmers with technology-oriented solutions that will help them increase income.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. The State Bank of India has launched the second edition of its hackathon named ‘Digitize for bank’ that will be held from 1 – 12 November 2017.
This will focus on four Cognitive themes namely Facial Recognition, Signature Recognition, Voice based Authentication and Cheque Truncation Enhancers.
2. IndusInd bank, in association with Mobikwik had announced the launch of a co-branded wallet ‘Induslnd MobiKwik’
The aim is to allow its customers to pay at the commercial network using their accounts, with a ‘Direct Debit feature’.
3. The Asian Development bank and the Government of India signed a $300 million loan to continue a series of fiscal reforms in the State of West Bengal.
The aim is to improve the quality of public service delivery.
4. Reserve Bank of India has constituted a 10-member ‘High Level Task Force on Public Credit Registry (PCR) for India’.
The aim is to suggest a roadmap for developing a transparent, comprehensive and near-real-time PCR for India.
5. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley stated that making use of the Public Finance Management System (PFMS) mandatory for all central schemes which will ensure benefits of government schemes to reach the last mile.
The move would help in tracking and monitoring the flow of funds to the implementing agencies.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. Indian Navy Ship “Sukanya” had arrived at Indonesia to participate in the 30th edition of Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) and 3rd Bilateral exercise between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy.
The exercise is aimed to boost the maritime ties with countries located on the rim of the Indian Ocean.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||Best FIFA Player (Male)||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|2.||ISSF World Cup Final Winner||Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu|
|3.||NBA G-League Side-2nd Indian Player to be Signed||Gokul Natesan|
|4.||ISSF World Cup Final – Bronze Medalist||Amanpreet Singh|
|5.||ISSF World Cup Final Double Trap- Silver Medalist||Sangram Dahiya|
|6.||FIFA U17 World Cup Winner||England|
|7.||Third Pro Kabaddi Successive Title Winner||Patna Pirates|
|8.||Johor Cup Hockey – Bronze Medalist||Indian Junior Team|
|9.||Fastest Batsman to Score 9000 ODI Runs||Virat Kohli|
|10.||Mexican Grand Prix 2017 Winner||Lewis Hamilton|
|11.||French Open Super Series Trophy Winner||Kidambi Srikant|
|12.||Asia Cup Hockey 2017 Tournament Winner||India|
|13.||Macau Open Winner 2017||Gaganjeet Bhullar(this was his 8th Asian title)|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Forbes World’s Highest Paid Athlete List 2017||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|2.||America’s Top Young Scientist||Gitanjali Rao|
|3.||Most Powerful Passport||Singapore|
|4.||US Award for AIDS Research||Salim Abdool Karim & Quarraisha Karim|
|5.||Industrial Innovation Award||L&T Technology Services Ltd|
|6.||7th spot in the Brand Value List of Forbes||Virat Kohli|
|7.||First Country to Grant Citizenship to a Robot||Saudi Arabia|
|8.||Best Country to Visit in ‘Best in Travel 2018’ list||Chile|
|9.||Country has 3rd Highest Number of Family-Owned Business||India|
|10.||UK’s Most Influential Black Person of the year||Gina Miller|
|11.||AICTE Award for Supporting Start-Ups||Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India|
|12.||First Indian Company to Cross Rs 6 Trillion Market Capital||Reliance Industries Ltd|
|13.||Second Largest Smartphone Market||India|
|14.||Golden Peacock Award London||N Chandrababu Naidu|
|15.||Lifetime Achievement Award||Sharmila Tagore|
|16.||Best Mobile App for Travel at Mobexx Awards||Cleartrip|
|17.||Pramod Mahajan Smriti Award||Anupam Kher|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||Ambassador of India to Switzerland||Sibi George|
|2.||New CEO of HSBC||Jayant Rikhye|
|3.||CEO of Association of Mutual Funds India||NS Venkatesh|
|4.||New CBI Special director||Rakesh Asthana|
|5.||Next High Commissioner of India to Zambia||N.J. Gangte|
|6.||Vice Chief of Naval Staff||Ajit Kumar|
|7.||New World’s Richest Person||Jeff Bezos|
|8.||New PM of New Zealand||Jacinda Ardern|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||United Nations Day||24 October|
|2.||World Day for Audiovisual Heritage||27 October|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||I.V. Sasi – Legendry Indian Filmmaker|
|2.||Girija Devi – Padma Vibhushan Thumri Singer|
|3.||Punathil Kunjabdulla – Malayalam Writer|
|4.||Melanmai Ponnusamy – Tamil Writer|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||PMKK||Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra|
|2.||SAATHI||Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to help small industries|
|4.||PFMS||Public Finance Management System|
|5.||ICC||international Criminal Court|
|6.||IIT||Indian Institute of Technology|
|7.||HOSTAC||Helicopter Operations from Ships Other Than Aircraft Carriers|
|8.||NRDC||National Research Development Corporation|
|9.||EBTC||European Business Technology Centre|
|10.||BPC||Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation|
|11.||NRL||Numaligarh Refinery Limited|
|12.||PCR||Public Credit Registry|
|14.||FIFA||Fédération Internationale de Football Association|
|15.||ISSF||International Shooting Sport Federation|
|16.||NBA||National Basketball League|
|17.||AICTE||All India Council for Technical Education|
|18.||CEO||Chief Executive Officer|
|19.||CBI||Central Bureau of Investigation|
|20.||HSBC||Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation|
|21.||ODI||One Day International|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –