Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Bills [Amendments & New]|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. Union Ministry of Rural Development launched an app for performance oriented maintenance and community contracting for rural roads- Aarambh
2. FSSAI has banned the use of stapler pins in tea bags from January 2018.
FSSAI ban order issued under Section (15) FSS Act, 2006.
3. Union Ministry has launched India Quake application on the occasion of its foundation day.
The mobile app has been developed for automatic dissemination of earthquake parameter after the occurrence of earthquakes.
4. Union Mnister, Dr. Harshvardhan launched an Integrated Information Dissemination System in New Delhi- Sagar Vani
5. DMRC has become the world’s first ever Metro System to get a green certification for all its major buildings and installations.
6. Union Ministry of Minority Affairs has launched Jiyo Parsi Publicity Phase-2 in Mumbai, Maharashtra under the Jiyo Parsi scheme.
7. Women and Child Development ministry launched an online platform to enable women employees of the central government to file complaints related to sexual harassment at the workplace- SHe-box’ (sexual harassment electronic box)
8. The Madras High Court made singing of the national song Vande Mataram mandatory in schools across Tamil Nadu, at least twice a week.
9. Punjab Government launched a unique and flagship scheme to educate family members of patient about taking better care of patients- Care Companion Programme(CCP).
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The world’s first full—scale floating wind farm which aims to bring power to 20,000 homes is being built off the coast of Scotland in the North Sea- Hywind Wind Farm
2. 2017 BRICS Labour and Employment Ministers’ meeting held in Chongqing, China.
3. Microsoft has announced to shut down its graphics editing program ‘MS Paint’ with the next Windows 10 update called the Autumn Creators Update.
The program was first released with the very first version of Windows 1.0 in 1985.
4. 2017 BRICS National Security Advisors (NSAs) meeting held in China.
5. Microsoft launched its first Made for India chat messaging application -Kaizala.
The application is designed for large group communication and can enable messages to be sent to millions of people on a group simultaneously.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Yatra Online Inc, has acquired corporate travel services provider Air Travel Bureau (ATB) in an estimated cash-and debt deal of $22.5-27.5 million.
2. PNB, a private sector bank and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance have signed an agreement for the distribution of insurance products through the branches.
3. BSE tied up with Egyptian Exchange (EGX) for cooperation in exchange of information across business areas.
The exchange aims to cross list and trade securities that would provide new investment alternatives to investors in both markets.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. Airports Authority of India (AAI) has signed an MoU with Government of Uttarakhand.
The aim is to identify relevant factors influencing the development of civil aviation infrastructure in Uttarakhand, assessing the commercial potential of various airports of the State, and identifying technical considerations for airport operations in the State.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. IMF has retained India’s projected GDP growth rate at 7.2% for 2017-18, slightly up from 7.1% in the previous year.
2. Standard Chartered Bank has launched a Multi-Currency Forex Card for overseas travelers.
The card will allow customers the convenience of loading up to 20 widely used currencies on one card with an online reload facility during overseas travel.
3. NPCI has received a final nod from the Reserve Bank of India to function as the Bharat Bill Payment Central Unit (BBPCU) and operate the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS).
4. SIDBI has started full-fledged merchant banking (banking term) operations.
The initiative is aimed at enhancing the access of MSMEs to the capital markets, including the SME Trading Platform and Institutional Trading Platform.
5. Canara Bank has launched its first Digital Banking Branch in Bengaluru- CANDI
The branch will provide an end-to-end digital experience to customers.
Bills [Amendments & New] – See How Many New Bills have been passed in 2017
1. Parliament has passed The Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims) Bill, 2016.
Admiralty laws deal with cases of accidents in navigable waters or involve contracts related to commerce on such waters.
2. The parliament has passed The Collection of Statistics (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
The bill aims at amending the Collection of Statistics Bill, 2008, which facilitates the collection of statistics related to social, economic, demographic, scientific and environmental aspects, by central, state and local governments.
3. The Lok Sabha passed the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) Bill, 2017 by voice vote.
The Bill declares the IIMs as institutions of national importance.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. RDEL launched the first two Naval Offshore Patrol Vessels (NOPVs) — Shachi and Shruti at their shipyard in Pipavav, Gujarat.
These ships are part of a five-ships being constructed for the Indian Navy under the P-21 project.
2. Scientists have developed new artificial intelligence (AI) software that can create three dimensional (3D) models from 2D photographs- SurfNet
3. DRDO has developed India’s first unmanned remotely operated tank in Chennai lab- Muntra (Mission Unmanned Tracked).
4. Breakthrough Starshot successfully launch world’s smallest spacecraft- Sprites
The miniature satellites are just 3.5cm x 3.5cm and carry radios, sensors and computers, with each device powered by sunlight and weighing just four grams.
5. Iran successfully launched its most advanced satellite-carrying rocket called ‘Simorgh’ into space.
The launch took place at the Imam Khomeini National Space Station in Semnan.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|1.||Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships – Gold Medalist||Konsam Ormila Devi|
|2.||Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships – Bronze Medalist||Ajay Singh|
|3.||Commonwealth Youth Games Gold Medalist||Sachin Siwach|
|4.||Indian Cricketer in top 10 of ICC Women’s ODI Rankings||Harmanpreet Kaur|
|5.||Host country of World Boxing Championship 2021||India|
|6.||World Aquatics Championships – Women’s 100m breaststroke Winner||Lilly King (USA)|
|7.||Women’s 100m backstroke gold medalist||Kylie Masse (Canada)|
|8.||74kg freestyle Wrestling Gold Medalist||Virender Singh|
|9.||Host country of AFC U-19 championship||Indonesia|
|10.||23rd Summer Deaflympics Gold Medalist||Kaylin Yost (USA)|
|11.||23rd Summer Deaflympics Silver Medalist||Diksha Dagar (India)|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Japanese Award: Order of the Rising Sun Winner||Ashwani Kumar (Former Union Minister)|
|2.||Terror attacks in 2016||India witnessed third highest terror attacks|
|3.||Mahanayak Samman 2017||Shakuntala Barua (Veteran Actress)|
|4.||World’s third-biggest beef exporter||India|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||Prime Minister of Pakistan||Shahid Khaqan Abbasi|
|2.||Axis Bank MD and CEO||Shikha Sharma|
|3.||Administrative Manager of the Indian Cricket Team||Sunil Subramaniam|
|4.||Group-I officer in Andhra Pradesh||P V Sindhu|
|5.||India’s Alternate Governor on Board of Governors of ADB||Subhash Chandra Garg|
|6.||CEO of Janalakshmi Financial Services||Ajay Kanwal|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|1.||18th Kargil Vijay Diwas||26th July|
|2.||World Hepatitis Day||28th July|
|3.||International Tiger Day||29th July|
|4.||World Day against Trafficking in Persons||30th July|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Yash Pal- Renowned physicist, academic and higher education reformer Professor|
|2.||K.E. Mammen- Former freedom fighter|
|3.||Mervyn Rose- Former Tennis Champion|
|4.||Inder Kumar- Bollywood Actor|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||FSSAI||Food Safety and Standards Authority of India|
|2.||FSS Act||Food Safety and Standards Act|
|3.||DMRC||Delhi Metro Rail Corporation|
|4.||CCP||Care Companion Programme|
|5.||BRICS||Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa|
|6.||NSA||National Security Advisors|
|7.||ATB||Air Travel Bureau|
|8.||PNB||Punjab National Bank|
|9.||BSE||Bombay Stock Exchange|
|11.||IMF||International Monetary Fund|
|12.||GDP||Gross Domestic Product|
|13.||NPCI||National Payments Corporation of India|
|14.||BBPCU||Bharat Bill Payment Central Unit|
|15.||BBPS||Bharat Bill Payment System|
|16.||SIDBI||Small Industries Development Bank of India|
|17.||MSMEs||Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises|
|18.||AAI||Airports Authority of India|
|19.||RDEL||Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited|
|20.||DRDO||Defence Research and Development Organisation|
|21.||ICC||International Cricket Council|
|22.||USA||United States of America|
|23.||CEO||Chief Executive Officer|
|24.||ADB||Asian Development Bank|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –