Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Banking & Economics Affairs|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. Government is planning a new project ‘lab on boat’ of the department of biotechnology which aims at starting a laboratory on boat for analyzing Brahmaputra River in terms of biological factors of the river system.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana or ‘Saubhagya’, to supply electricity to poor households.
Government of India has launched a Mudra Promotion Campaign on National basis from 27th September – 17th October 2017.
A total of “50 such Mudra Promotion Campaigns” will be organised in different parts of the country.
4. Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh launched an electronic Platform ‘PENCIL’ for effective enforcement for No Child Labour.
It aims at involving Centre, State, District, Governments, civil society and the public in achieving the target of child labour free society.
5. A leading state in milk production, Haryana, would now get benefits from the techniques and experience of Israel, leader in milk production in the world, for increasing the average milk production.
6. The Minister of Communication Shri Manoj Sinha announced DoT’s first ever Mobile, Internet and Technology Event in India – India Mobile Congress 2017, which was held on 27 – 29th September 2017.
7. India Government has set up a High-Level Forum on 5G India 2020.
The primary goals of the forum are to achieve: Early deployment of 5G in India.
8. Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan launched the Web Portal of Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA) & “Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWR) System” in New Delhi.
9. The Ministry of Shipping has renamed Kandla Port Trust as Deendayal Port Trust by exercising powers conferred on it under Indian Ports Act, 1908.
10. The Union Cabinet chaired by Narendra Modi has given its approval for implementation of Umbrella Scheme for 2 years -2017-18 to 2019-20.
11. The IBBI registered National E-Governance Services Limited (NESL) as an Information Utility under the IBBI (Information Utilities) Regulations, 2017.
12. The Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) of the Ministry of Women & Child Development has started a monthly “Jan Sampark” program.
The aim is to enable the public to interact with its officials and staff for seeking information related to Adoption.
13. President Ram Nath Kovind launched ‘Adopt a Heritage’ initiative on World Tourism Day which is an attempt to boost Indian tourism with “greater focus on digital presence and social media”.
Those entrusted with the development of tourist amenities at the adopted sites would be known as ‘Monument Mitras’
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. External Affairs Minister of India Ms. Sushma Swaraj addressed the 72nd session of UNGA 72.
50 countries signed a treaty to ban nuclear weapons - No development, test, produce, manufacture, acquire, possess or stock nuclear weapons under any circumstances.
2. India will host the 14th India-European Union (EU) Summit in New Delhi on 6th October 2017.
The summit will see the two sides declaring their resolve to combat terrorism and intensifying economic cooperation.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. NABARD sanctions Rs 119 cr loan for Haryana to construct seven bridges and improvement of one rural road project in five districts of Haryana.
2. SBI will banking personnel training institute for employees of other banks in India & South East Asian countries.
3. IDBI Bank initiates ‘Project Nishchay’ to improve financial performance and accelerate the struggling lender’s turnaround programme.
4. According to ADB, India’s growth forecast has lowered to 7 percent owing to weakness in private consumption, manufacturing output and business investment.
5. Multilateral lending agency ADB has approved a loan of $80 million (about Rs 524 crore) for modernisation of Himachal Pradesh’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions.
6. HDFC Bank said it will be collaborating with 50 technology and business schools to tap into emerging fintech ideas.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. The 3rd edition of IISF 2017 will be held at various venues in Chennai during 13 -16th October 2017.
It will emphasize the role of technologies and innovation.
India has declared 2010-20 as the ‘Decade of Innovation’.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Punjab National Bank and IndusInd Bank have won the bid to provide national passenger carrier Air India with over Rs 3,000 crore Government guarantee backed “Short Term Loans”.
2. Palestine joins Interpol as the full member for advancing the latter’s goal of statehood is a diplomatic blow to Israel, that has been opposing Palestine moves to join international bodies.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||Calcutta Football League||East Bengal|
|2.||Host of South Asian boxing Championship||India|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Sarala Award for Kathapua||Banaj Devi|
|2.||Country that Ranked 3rd in Nuclear Power Installations||India|
|3.||World’s third largest Energy Firm by Platts Rankings||Reliance Industries|
|4.||Named in World’s Top 10 Regulators||Ajay Tyagi (SEBI Chief)|
|5.||Ranked 40th in Global Competitiveness Index||India|
|6.||Top ‘liveable’ Cities by JLL India||Palava & Navi Mumbai|
|7.||New Company to join 10 Best Global Brands Report List|
|8.||Indian Women who ranked well in Most Powerful Women in Business||Chanda Kochhar & Shikha Sharma|
|9.||Top 3 Best Places to work in India||Google, BHEL & SBI|
|10.||Indian cities in list of 100 top favorable destinations for students||Mumbai & New Delhi|
|11.||14th spot in terms of best country for expats to live and work||India|
|12.||National Tourism Awards for Best Airports 2015 – 16||Srinagar and Raipur Airports|
|13.||SASTRA Ramanujan Prize||Maryna Viazovska|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||New German Chancellor||Angela Merkel|
|2.||Chairman & Managing director (CMD) of ONGC||Shashi Shankar|
|3.||Ambassador for Swachhata||Bilal Dar|
|4.||Chairman & Managing director of SIDBI||Mohammad Mustafa|
|5.||New Angolan President Joao Lourenco||Jose Eduardo Dos Santos|
|6.||First Woman Chief Proctor at BHU||Royana Singh|
|7.||High Commissioner of India to Malaysia||Mridul Kumar|
|8.||New Head of Economic Advisory Council||Bibek Debroy|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||World Tourism Day||27th September|
|2.||World Maritime Day||28th September|
|3.||World Rabies Day||28th September|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Abdul Majid – Theatre Personality|
|2.||Tom Alter – Actor|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||EAC||Economic Advisory Council|
|2.||WDRA||Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority|
|3.||e-NWR||Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt|
|4.||DoT||Department of Telecom|
|5.||MPF||Modernisation of Police Forces|
|6.||IBBI||Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India|
|7.||NeSL||National E-Governance Services Limited|
|9.||CARA||Central Adoption Resource Authority|
|10.||EESL||Energy Efficiency Services Limited|
|11.||GoI||Government of India|
|12.||UNGA||United Nations General Assembly|
|14.||SBI||State Bank of India|
|15.||IDBI||Industrial Development Bank of India|
|16.||ADB||Asian Development Bank|
|17.||PFC||Power Finance Corp|
|18.||TVET||Technical and Vocational Education and Training|
|19.||IISF||India International Science Festival|
|20.||PFC||Power Finance Corp|
|21.||CARA||The Central Adoption Resource Authority|
|22.||JLL||Jones Lang LaSalle|
|23.||MPF||Modernization of Police Forces|
|24.||NABARD||National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development|
|25.||PENCIL||Platform for Effective Enforcement for No Child Labour|
|26.||HDFC||Housing Development Finance Corporation|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –