Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the YUVA.
It is a skill development program and an initiative by Delhi Police under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 11 National Highway projects in Rajasthan, covering a total length of about 873 km.
The projects include a 6-lane cable stayed bridge across river Chambal at Kota
4-laning of Gomati Chauraha-Udaipur section of NH-8, and Rajsamand-Bhilwara section of NH-758.
3. The IRDAI has launched a central database of all insurance sales persons in the country – named as Envoy.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order imposing “strong, new financial sanctions” on Venezuela.
2. Minister of External Affairs (MEA) Sushma Swaraj will participate in the two-day Indian Ocean Conference (IOC) scheduled to be held at Colombo from 31st August.
3. Kenya has imposed world’s toughest laws to reduce plastic pollution.
People selling or using plastic bags at risk of up to 4 years in prison & fines of up to 4m Kenyan shillings ($38,000).
4. Youtube has changed its logo for the first time since it was launched 12 years ago.
Google-owned Youtube and they have refreshed its logo.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Airtel announced a partnership with Symantec Corp to provide cyber security solutions to businesses in India.
2. Solar energy services company Freyr Energy has tied up with Axis Bank.
The merger is aimed to offer term loans ranging from Rs.5 lakh to Rs.50 lakh for tenures up to five years.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. India and Germany signed an agreement on technical cooperation under the Indo-German Energy Program – Green Energy Corridors (IGEN-GEC).
2. Drug pricing regulator National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) have signed MoU with National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
The aim is to increase athlete’s awareness about drugs.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. The Government’s new Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy suggests that foreign airlines may not be allowed to buy a stake in the national carrier Air India.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) estimated that people had returned almost 99 per cent of the scrapped Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes after demonetization.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. Defence Minister Arun Jaitley handed over the Long-Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM) jointly developed by India and Israel, to the Indian Navy, at Bharat Dynamics Ltd (BDL).
2. Researchers from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati have successfully created an implantable bioartificial pancreas model grown within 3D silk scaffold.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||World Badminton Championship 2017 Silver Medalist||P.V Sindhu|
|2.||The First Player to Score 350 La Liga Goals||Lionel Messi|
|3.||Belgian Grand Prix 2017 Winner||Lewis Hamilton|
|4.||Host Country of Fourth & Final Grand Slam Season- US Open||New York|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Miss Trans queen India 2017||Nitasha Biswas|
|2.||Women Transforming India Awards 2017||NITI Aayog|
|3.||International Association of Advanced Materials (IAAM) Medal 2017||H Purushotham|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||45th Chief Justice of Supreme Court||Justice Dipak Misra|
|2.||BSE Board- CEO||Ashish Chauhan|
|3.||First Brand Ambassador of Bridgestone India||PV Sindhu|
|4.||New CEO of Uber||Dara Khosrowshahi|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||National Sports Day||29th August|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Ahmed Khan – Olympian Footballer|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|2.||NITI||National Institute for Transforming India|
|3.||MEA||Ministry of External Affairs|
|4.||IOC||Indian Ocean Conference|
|5.||INCOIS||Indian National center for Ocean information Services|
|7.||FSDC||Financial Stability and Development Council|
|8.||IGEN||Indo-German Energy Program|
|9.||BDL||Bharat Dynamics Limited|
|10.||NPPA||National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority|
|11.||NADA||National Anti-Doping Agency|
|12.||RBI||Reserve Bank of India|
|13.||FDI||Foreign Direct Investment|
|14.||LRSAM||Long Range Surface to Air Missile|
|15.||GEN||Green Energy Corridors|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –