Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Banking & Economics Affairs|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. The Indian Railways has launched the main arch of the World’s highest bridge on River Chenab in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi district, which will provide direct connectivity to the Kashmir Valley.
2. The Ministry for Women and Child Development has launched a comprehensive online complaint management system named SHE-BOX for women in both public and private organizations.
The objective is to provide an online portal to lodge complaints of sexual harassment at work place.
3. A new passenger train ‘Bandhan Express’ between Kolkata and Bangladesh’s southwestern industrial city of Khulna was flagged off by PM Narendra Modi, Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina and West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee.
The fully air-conditioned weekly train will run every Thursday.
4. The Environment Minister formed a seven-member committee to proceed short and long-term plans to solve the problem of air pollution in the Delhi-NCR region.
5. Maharashtra government has decided to extend scholarships for students belonging to EBC category including the Maratha community.
The state also increased the annual income limit for availing the scholarships from Rs.2.5 lakh to Rs.6 lakh, which is expected to cost Rs.800 crore.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The Minister of State, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore is in Egypt to attend World Youth Forum at Sharam El Sheikh.
The forum aims to provide a platform to the youth from all over the globe to engage with the key global policy makers.
2. Indian Pavilion at Conference of Parties (COP) 23 was inaugurated by Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan at Bonn in Germany.
India’s theme for COP 23 is “Conserving Now, Preserving Future”.
3. Minister for AYUSH Shripad Naik and Indian Ambassador to UAE Navdeep Suri attended the inaugural ceremony of first International AYUSH Conference and Exhibition at Dubai.
The conference was held from 9th – 11th November 2017 at Dubai World Trade Center, UAE.
4. NASA has received over 1.3 lakh Indian names, who booked flights for Red Planet via InSight Mission which will launch on 5th May 2018.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Fino Payments Bank has tied up with Gokul Dairy and Mother Dairy to digitize payments in the milk industry.
The bank will open accounts for milk pourers and the fees paid to the milk pourers which was being paid in cash will now be paid digitally into their bank accounts directly.
2. IDFC Bank with mobile wallet major MobiKwik to launch a co-branded Virtual prepaid card for customers of MobiKwik.
3. Ola is partnering with global technology giant Microsoft to build a new connected vehicle platform for car manufacturers worldwide.
Microsoft will provide Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) and would be a preferred cloud provider.
4. Facebook has partnered with the NDMA and SEEDS, a non-profit body, in India to offer tools to these agencies to help them respond more effectively to natural disasters.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. A MoU of Rs. 10,000 was signed between the Government of India (GoI) and Patanjali at the World Food India 2017.
2. The Kerala government signed an MoU with Intel and UST Global for exploring the possibility of transforming the state into an electronic hardware manufacturing hub.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. The government will make India Post Payments Bank operational in all 650 districts of the country by April 2018.
2. Digital Payment Platform Paytm introduced payments using BHIM UPI on its platform using which users can create their own Paytm BHIM UPI ID on the application.
Through this the users can perform seamless and instant money transfers directly between two bank accounts.
3. Bank of China has formally launched its operations in Pakistan with the first branch inaugurated at Karachi, Pakistan.
The Bank would be instrumental in strengthening the “brotherly relations” between the two countries in the financial sector.
4. Air India has received a loan worth Rs. 1,500 crores from Bank of India.
5. The GST Council in its 23rd meeting on 10th November 2017 recommended widespread changes in the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
The council has decided to keep the highest 28% tax on luxury and sinful items as a result 177 items have been shifted to the 18% bracket.
6. The Government has doubled the import duty on wheat to 20 per cent to curb cheap shipments and give positive price signal to farmers in the ongoing Rabi season.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. Army personnel of India and Bangladesh are going to take part in a joint training exercise ‘Sampriti-7’.
This is the 7th edition of the joint training exercise which will be conducted at India’s Jungle Warfare School in Mizoram and Meghalaya.
2. India’s first Military Literature Festival will be held in Chandigarh in December as a tribute to the armed forces.
The Military Literature Festival will be held from 7th – 9th December 2017.
3. DRDO conducted a flight test of its indigenously and developed long-range sub-sonic cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’.
It can carry warheads of up to 300 kg from a test range at Chandipur along the Odisha coast.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||Ladies European Golf Tour Title 2017||Aditi Ashok|
|2.||Women’s Asia Cup hockey title 2017 Winner||India|
|3.||Panasonic Open 2017 Winner||Shiv Kapur (First Asian Tour Title)|
|4.||Asian Women’s Boxing Championship Gold Medalist (48 kg category)||Mary Kom|
|5.||82nd Senior National Championship- Men’s Single Title||H.S. Prannoy|
|6.||82nd Senior National Badminton Championship- Women’s Single tilte||Saina Nehwal|
|7.||82nd Senior National Badminton Championship- Mixed Doubles||Satwik Sai Raj R and Ashwini Ponnappa|
|8.||1st in ICC T-20 Batsman Rankings||Virat Kohli|
|9.||Nominee in DDCA Managing Committee||Gautam Gambhir|
|10.||Player who Launched Global Cricket Academy, Dubai||MS Dhoni|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||First woman as Senior Deputy Director General||N Poonguzhali|
|2.||New Finance Secretary||Hasmukh Adhia|
|3.||New Chairperson of World Hindu Congress 2018||Tulsi Gabbard|
|4.||Union Minister to Elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha||Alphons Kannanthanam|
|5.||Next Nasscom President||Debjani Ghosh|
|6.||New Chairman of World Gold Council||David Harquail|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||World Science Day for Peace & Development||10 November|
|2.||National Education Day||11 November|
|3.||Public Service Broadcasting Day||12 November|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Manu Sharma – Padma Shri Awardee|
|2.||AG Milkha Singh – Former Indian Cricketer|
|3.||Ashok Khale – Veteran Cyclist|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|2.||IoT||Internet of Things|
|3.||COP||Conference of Parties|
|4.||NCR||National Capital Region|
|5.||NDMA||National Disaster Management Authority|
|6.||UAE||United Arab Emirates|
|8.||IDFC||Infrastructure Development Finance Company|
|9.||GoI||Government of India|
|10.||ICICI||Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India|
|11.||BHIM||Bharat Interface for Money|
|12.||UPI||Unified Payment Interface|
|13.||ICC||International Cricket Council|
|14.||DDCA||Delhi District Cricket Association|
|15.||UNESCO||United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization|
|16.||SAFF||South Asian Film Festival|
|18.||DRDO||The Defence Research and Development Organisation|
|19.||InSight||Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations, Geodesy and Heat Transport|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –