Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Bills [Amendments & New]|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2017 report was launched in New Delhi by Narendra Singh Tomar.
It was launched to take stock of progress made by Swachh Bharat Mission in Rural India.
2. NITI Aayog has announced partnership with six states to transfer their Health and Education sectors under its SATH initiative.
Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Karnataka were selected for transforming the health sector.
Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha were selected for transforming Education sector.
3. The Uttar Pradesh Government launched an awareness drives on the banks of Ganga River to maintain cleanliness- Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra
4. National Mission for Clean Ganga has approved ten projects in Bihar, West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh.
These projects were approved in the 5th meeting of the Executive Committee of National Mission for Clean Ganga.
5. Odisha government and Facebook has launched ‘SheMeansBusiness’ programme to train women entrepreneurs in the state.
6. 8th meeting of Regional Technical Group on Trade, Commerce and Investment CBM of the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process held in New Delhi
7. Congress Leader Ahmed Patel has won the Gujarat Rajya Sabha Elections 2017.
8. Kerala and Haryana topped the Sanitation Survey.
According to survey, all rural households in these two states access to a toilet.
9. The Union Ministry of Rural Development will launch Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY).
AGEY aims to provide an alternative source of livelihood to members of Self Help Groups (SHGs) by facilitating them to operate public transport services in backward rural areas.
10. Telangana government has launched Smart Streets Lab program.
It is an effort to apply and figure out technology based solutions for women and road safety in Hyderabad.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. India and United States will co-host the Global Entrepreneurship Summit at Hyderabad from 28th November 2017.
2. Delhi will become 50% larger in its economy size in 2021 compared to what it was at the end of the year 2016.
According to a new study from Oxford Economics, which has ranked Asia’s 30 largest cities, Indian cities will grow the most in Asia.
3. 15th BIMSTEC Ministers meeting was held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
India was represented by External Affairs ministers Sushma Swaraj.
4. Facebook has launched a redesigned video platform ‘Watch’ for creators and publishers of videos.
It was launched in competition to Google-owned YouTube.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. IDFC Bank has partnered with Digital payment company Zeta to launch ‘IDFC Bank Benefits’.
It is a payment solution for corporates that digitizes employee spends and claims, making the process simple, real-time and paperless.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. Amazon India has signed a MoU with the Telangana Department of Handloom and Textiles.
The aim is to educate, train and enable weavers and artisans to directly sell their products to Amazon customers across the country.
2. SEBI and SEO of Iran have entered into a bilateral MoU for mutual cooperation and technical assistance.
It will facilitate mutual assistance, contribute towards efficient performance of the supervisory functions, and enable effective enforcement of laws and regulations governing the securities markets.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. SEBI has launched online registration mechanism for custodians of securities to make it convenient for them to do business.
The new system will help custodian of securities to complete registration and other regulatory filings with SEBI in a cost-effective manner.
2. ICICI Bank, country’s largest private sector bank, has launched instant credit cards.
It enables its savings account to get credit cards instantly, in a completely digital and paperless manner.
3. Canara bank has introduced two new digital services for online payments- Bharat QR (Quick Response) and Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS).
4. BitBay has launched a dedicated platform for trade and exchange of digital currencies such as bitcoin, litecoin, ether, Lisk, monero, dash and gamecredits.
5. PNB customers will have to pay charges for depositing cash above Rs 5,000 in a non-base branch even if it is located in the same city.
Currently, the customers of PNB are levied charges only for depositing cash over Rs 25,000 at a non-base branch within the same city.
Bills [Amendments & New] – See How Many New Bills have been passed in 2017
1. Lok Sabha has passed State banks (Reveal and Amendment) Bill 2017.
The bill seeks to repeal the two acts namely State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, 1959, and State Bank of Hyderabad Act, 1956.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. NSDC and Google India have launched Android Skill Development programme to improve mobile developer ecosystem in the country.
2. Indian Coast Guard Ship Shaurya was commissioned in Vasco, Goa.
3. ISRO is planning to launch a full-fledged niche Earth observation (EO) satellite —Hyperspectral Imaging Satellite.
The HySIS satellite has a critical chip called an optical imaging detector array indigenously developed by ISRO.
4. Union Government has rolled out the second phase of its measles-rubella (MR) vaccination campaign in the country to eliminate measles and curb instances of rubella by 2020.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||Asian Shotgun Shooting Championship Bronze Medalist (Men’s Category)||Kynan Chenai and Shreyasi Singh|
|2.||Asian Shotgun Shooting Championship Bronze Medalist (Women’s Category)||Maheshwari Chauhan|
|3.||World Athletics Championship Men’s 400 metres title||Wayde Van Niekerk|
|4.||FIFA Ranking 2017||India ranked at 97th position|
|5.||2017 UEFA Super Cup Football Tournament Winner||Real Madrid|
|6.||First Indian to Qualify for Javelin Throw Finals||Davinder Singh Kang|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||2017 Global Retirement Index||India ranked at 43rd position|
|2.||Asia Society Game Changers Award winner||Dev Patel|
|3.||Topper of ICC Ranking in among All-rounder in Test Cricket||Ravindra Jadeja|
|4.||Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) 2017 Best Film Award||Pink|
|Best Actress Award||Konkona Sen Sharma for Lipstick Under my Burkha|
|Best Actor Award||Sushant Singh Rajput for M S Dhoni: The Untold Story|
|Best Actor (Special Mention)||Raj Kumar Rao for Trapped|
|Best Director||Nitesh Tiwari for Dangal|
|Best Indie Film||Lipstick Under My Burkha|
|People’s Choice Award||Dangal & Bahubali 2|
|5.||‘In Search of Dariya Sagar’ The Hindu Playwright Award 2017 Winner||Gerish Khemani and Akshat Nigam|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||45th Chief Justice of India||Justice Dipak Misra|
|2.||New Chairman of CBFC||Prasoon Joshi|
|3.||Re-elected president of Kenya||Uhuru Kenyatta|
|4.||Next Ambassador of India to the Republic of San Marino||Reenat Sandhu|
|5.||CEO of NPCI||Dilip Asbe|
|6.||CEO of Jet Airways India Ltd||Vinay Dube|
|7.||Member of the reconstituted Censor Board||Vidya Balan (Bollywood Actress)|
|8.||WHO Goodwill Ambassador||Athlete Milkha Singh|
|9.||Canada’s consul general in San Francisco||Rana Sarkar, an Indo-Canadian entrepreneur|
|10.||Brand Ambassador of Health and Wellness Startup Cure.fit||Hritik Roshan|
|11.||3 Indians appointed as a member of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)||Neil Chatterjee, Krishna R. Urs, and Vishal Amin|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||National Handloom Day||7th August|
|2.||75th anniversary of Quit India Movement||9th August|
|3.||Nagasaki Day||9th August|
|4.||International Biodiesel Day||10th August|
|5.||International Youth Day||12th August|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Sanwar Lal Jat- BJP MP from Ajmer & former Union Minister|
|2.||Vijay Nambisan- Veteran Poet and Writer|
|3.||Yisrael Kristal -World’s Oldest Man|
|4.||Ruth Pfau- Pakistan’s ‘Mother Teresa’|
|5.||Sitaram Panchal- Bollywood Actor|
|6.||Vishvjit P Singh- Ex-MP|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||NITI||National Institution for Transforming|
|2.||AGEY||Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana|
|3.||SHGs||Self Help Groups|
|4.||BIMSTEC||Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation|
|5.||IDFC||Infrastructure Development Finance Company|
|6.||SEBI||Securities and Exchange Board of India|
|7.||ICICI||Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India|
|8.||BBPS||Bharat Bill Payment System|
|9.||PNB||Punjab National Bank|
|10.||SEO||Securities & Exchange Organization|
|11.||NSDC||National Skill Development Corporation|
|12.||ISRO||Indian Space Research Organisation|
|14.||FIFA||Federation Internationale de Football Association|
|15.||ICC||International Cricket Council|
|16.||IFFM||Indian Film Festival of Melbourne|
|17.||CBFC||Central Board of Film Certification|
|18.||CEO||Chief Executive Officer|
|19.||NPCI||National Payments Corporation of India|
|20.||WHO||World Health Organization|
|21.||FERC||Federal Energy Regulatory Commission|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –