Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), Sarita Vihar, New Delhi has been established as an Autonomous Body under the aegis of Ministry of AYUSH at a cost of Rs. 157 crore.
AIIA is a 200 bedded referral hospital and shall impart PG & Ph.D. degree courses in Ayurveda.
2. The North-Western Railway has declared the Barmer-Munawab and Pipad Road-Bilara rail routes in Rajasthan as Green Corridors.
With this total number of green corridors has increased to three.
The 114-km-long Manamadurai– Rameswaram stretch of Southern Railway was India’s first Green corridor.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved ratification of 2 fundamental conventions of International Labour Organization (ILO) concerning with Child Labour.
They are: Minimum Age Convention (No. 138) and Worst Forms of Child Labour Convention (No. 182).
4. National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) has crossed the milestone of 50 Gigawatts power generation
It achieved this after commissioning of 500 Megawatts unit at Unchahar in Uttar Pradesh, increasing the total installed capacity of NTPC to 50,498.
5. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved amendments to the Mega Power Policy, 2009 to push 31 GW stranded projects entailing an investment of Rs 1.5 lakh crore.
CCEA has also approved the removal of all quantitative ceilings on individual organic products and allowed unrestricted exports of all organic and organic processed products.
CCEA has approved the amendment in Para 5 of New Urea Policy (NUP), 2015 related to the production beyond Re-Assessed Capacity (RAC) and the inclusion of Para 8 in NUP 2015.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Apple has announced the opening of new App Accelerator in the IT capital of the country – Bengaluru.
The App aims to deliver specialized support to the Indian developers, including tools and best practices to hone their skills.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu was selected for the US-India Business Council Award of Transformative Chief Minister.
He will receive the award at the second annual West Coast Summit to be held in Menlo Park, California in May 2017.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Iqbal Surve has been appointed as chairperson of the country’s BRICS Business Council.
He highlighted the importance to strengthen ties with China and India.
2. State-owned Coal India has announced the termination of the services of one of its director’s R Mohan Das.
His services were terminated as per the directions received by the PSU from the Coal Ministry.
2. Maninder Singh Juneja has been appointed as MD & CEO of National Bulk Handling Corporation (NBHC).
He will replace Anil Chaudhary, who will continue to associate with NBHC as an executive vice-chairman.
3. Navrang Saini took charge as Whole Time Member, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India in New Delhi.
He will also look after Legal Affairs and Establishment.
Saini served as a member of the Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS).
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Karnataka Bank and SBI Card have launched co-branded credit cards for the customers of Karnataka Bank.
The two banks will launch two variants of the co-branded credit card – Karnataka Bank Platinum SBI Card and Karnataka Bank Simply SAVE SBI Card.
2. Export-Import Bank of India plans to work with African Development Bank on co-financing of projects in Africa over the next 2-3 years.
They also discussed the aspect of getting the recently formed Kukuza Project Development Company (KPDC).
3. The Reserve Bank of India has decided to set up a separate enforcement department.
The purpose is to oversee possible breaches of rules and take punitive actions against those who violate them.
4. Growth of the country’s eight core sectors slipped to an over one-year low of 1% in February 2017.
This was mainly due to a fall in output of crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertilizer and cement.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Gujarat Assembly has passed the Gujarat Animal Preservation (Amendment) Bill, 2017 to amend Gujarat Animal Preservation Act, 1954.
The amendment bill provides for harsher punishment and higher penalties to prevent cow slaughter in the state.
It also raises the minimum jail term for illegal ferrying of cows for slaughter from 7 to 10 years against the current provision of 3 to 7 years.
Science & Technology:
1. National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) has increased the price of stents by around 2% after taking into account wholesale price index.
It will increase the price of bare metal stents to Rs. 7,400 from Rs. 7,260 and of the drug-eluting stent to Rs. 30,180 from Rs. 29,600.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Gilbert Baker, best known for creating the rainbow flag representing gay rights has died.
He came up with the eight-colored banner for San Francisco’s 1978 gay Freedom Day, which later became the Pride festival.
It would later be reduced to six stripes, removing pink and indigo, and swapping blue for turquoise.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images