Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Government has constituted the District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DDCMC) for effective development and coordination of Central Government’s programme.
It will be known as DISHA that will monitor the implementation of 28 schemes and programmes of Union Ministry of Rural Development and other Ministries to promote synergy and convergence for greater impact.
2. The Union Railway Ministry has flagged off the maiden broad gage train service dubbed as ‘Tripura Sundari Express’ from Agartala (Tripura) to Delhi.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the ‘Run for Rio’, an event to encourage the Indian contingent at the 2016 Rio Olympics beginning on August 5, 2016.
The 5km run was flagged off from Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium to the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.
1. India is going to host 2016 Kabaddi World Cup scheduled to be held in October 2016. It was announced by the International Kabaddi Federation (IKF).
In this edition of World Cup 12 international teams are going to participate.
They are US, India, UK, Australia, Canada, Poland, Iran, Pakistan, Bangladesh, South Korea, Japan and Kenya.
2. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton from Great Britain has won the 2016 German Grand Prix title of Formula One.
Rankings after 2016 German Grand Prix:
1st position: Lewis Hamilton (Britain) of Mercedes
2nd position: Daniel Ricardo (Australia) of Red Bull
3rd position: Max Verstappen (Netherlands) of Red Bull
4th position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) of Mercedes
5th position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari
7th position: Nico Hulkenberg (Germany) of Force India
10th position: Sergio Perez (Mexico) of Force India
Top Teams: Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari and Force India
3. The Patna Pirates have won the fourth edition of STAR Sports-ProKabaddi League by defeating Jaipur Pink Panthers.
With this win Patna Pirates has become first team to defend its title which they won in the third season in March 2016.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Skydiver Luke Aikins from United States created history by becoming the first person in the world to jump from 25,000 feet (mid-tropospheric altitude) without a parachute and landing safely in a net.
With this he also set a personal and world record for the highest jump without a parachute or wing suit.
2. West Bengal has been selected for the All India Coordinated Rice Improvement Project Award 2015.
This will be the first time the state will be receiving this award.
The state was selected for this award by the 51st committee from the Indira Gandhi Krishi Bikash Kendra for its achievement in the four key areas that include scientific research for seeds.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari has been sworn-in as the 39th Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
He had joined the Patna High Court in November 2013. Earlier he had twice worked as Acting Chief Justice of Patna High Court since December 2014.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images