Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. According to the recent publication titled Endemic Vascular Plants of India, Tamil Nadu accounts for the highest number flowering plants in the country.
It was released by the Botanical Survey of India (BSI)
It revealed that almost one of every four species of flowering plants found in India are endemic to the country.
2. The Union Finance Ministry has decided that sports infrastructure will be included in the harmonised master list of infrastructure sub-sectors.
It will include sports stadia and infrastructure for academies for training and research in sports and sports-related activities in the infrastructure sub-sectors.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India Sanitation conference (INDOSAN) in New Delhi ahead of the second anniversary of Swachh Bharat Mission.
INDOSAN is envisaged as an annual national event that seeks to bring together all stakeholders working in sanitation.
4. The Delhi International Airport Limited announced that the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) has become the first airport in the Asia Pacific region to achieve carbon neutral status.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Pakistan has postponed the 19th South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Summit, after India and four other countries announced to boycott the Summit.
The summit was scheduled to be held on November 9th and 10th, 2016 in Islamabad, the capital city of Pakistan.
1. The Indian men’s hockey team lifted the 4th U-18 Asia Cup after defeating hosts Bangladesh in a pulsating summit clash in Dhaka.
The young Indians held their nerves in the dying moments of the nail-biting finale as they exacted revenge for a 4-5 loss to the hosts in the tournament opener.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Riyadh Mathew, Director of Malayala Manorama, and Viveck Goenka, Chairman and Managing Director of Indian Express, were unanimously elected Chairman and Vice-Chairman respectively of PTI.
Mr. Mathew succeeds Hormusji N. Cama, Director of Bombay Samachar. Mr. Goenka succeeds Mr. Mathew as ViceChairman.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Kotak Mahindra Bank, the country’s fourth largest private sector lender, has acquired BSS Microfinance in an all-cash deal for Rs 139.2 crore.
The bank has entered the microfinance space that has been growing at a rapid pace
2. Google will set up its first India data centre in Mumbai by 2017.
The aim is to take on global incumbents such as Microsoft and Amazon, who have a presence in the country, and allow local customers to host their applications on the internet.
Memorandum of Understandings (MoU):
1. The Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) reached an agreement to cut oil production for the first time since 2008 after an informal meeting in Algiers, Algeria.
It was decided that OPEC would reduce output to a range of 32.5 to 33.0 million barrels per day (bpd) from its current output at 33.24 million bpd.
2. The European Union (EU) ministers have approved the ratification of Paris Agreement (on Climate Change).
This decision brings the Paris Agreement closer to entering into force.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images