Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. President Pranab Mukherjee has picked up lucky winners from the 100th draw of lots under the digital payments promotion schemes Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana.
Total the six winners were selected — three consumers and three merchants of Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana.
2. The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has launched web portal and a mobile application named “Bharat ke Veer” to enable people to contribute towards the family of martyrs from central paramilitary forces.
The committee will decide to disbursement of fund equitably to braveheart’s family on a need basis.
3. Madhya Pradesh government kick-started its ambitious ‘Deendayal Rasoi Yojana’ under which subsidized meals will be available at Rs 5 per plate to people, especially the economically disadvantaged sections of society.
The initiative is on the lines of state-run Amma Canteens, started by the former chief minister J Jayalalithaa, which served subsidized food at low prices.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The twelfth edition Indo-Mongolian Joint Military Exercise Nomadic Elephant 2017 has begun at Vairengte in Mizoram.
Vairengte houses Indian Army’s elite Counter-Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School.
The first joint Nomadic Elephant was held in 2004.
2. President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi declared a three-month state of emergency in Egypt following twin church bombings that killed dozens of people in two cities.
The Islamic State group had claimed responsibility for the church bombings in the Nile Delta cities of Alexandria and Tanta in which at least 44 people were killed.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton dominated the Chinese Grand Prix to take his first win of the year and move into a share of the championship lead.
Vettel finished second.
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen moved up from 16th on the grid to finish third.
2. India sealed a 4-1 win against Uzbekistan in the second round of the Davis Cup Asia/Oceania Group I tie in Bangalore to advance to the World Group playoff.
The Indians will now play the World Group playoff in September against an opponent that will be decided later through a draw in London.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Bihar-origin Asha Khemka was named “Asian Businesswoman of the Year” at an event in Birmingham.
She arrived in the United Kingdom with her family in 1978 without English language skills and went on to change the lives of thousands as an educationist,
The latest award was conferred on her, among others, at the 5th annual Asian Business Awards Midlands, which honours the success and achievements of local Asian businesses, at the Edgbaston cricket ground.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, announced the appointment of internationally acclaimed actress and philanthropist Kristin Davis as its Goodwill Ambassador.
Three years ago, Davis started her journey with UNHCR by travelling to Northern Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, meeting South Sudanese refugees and hearing their stories.
2. Saraswat Co-operative Bank has appointed Smita Sandhane as Managing Director of the bank with effect from 1st April 2017.
She is the first woman chief of India’s largest urban co-operative bank.
3. The Reserve Bank has appointed Malvika Sinha as Executive Director following the appointment of B P Kanungo as Deputy Governor.
As Executive Director, she will look after foreign exchange department, department of government and bank accounts and internal debt management wing, RBI said in a release.
Science & Technology:
1. Astronomers using NASA’s Kepler space telescope have discovered a Venus-like planet orbiting a dim star called Kepler-1649.
The newly found planet is one-fifth the diameter of our Sun and is only slightly larger than Earth.
It is located 219 light years away from Earth.
1. The World Homoeopathy Day is observed every year on 10th April to pay tribute to Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, founder, and father of Homeopathy system of medicine.
This year it is the 262nd birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy.
This year the theme was “Enhancing Quality Research in Homoeopathy through scientific evidence and rich clinical experiences”.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image Courtesy: Google Images