Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Yaad Karo Kurbani (remember the sacrifices) celebrations at birthplace of freedom fighter Chandra Shekhar Azad at Alirajpur, Madhya Pradesh.
It is 15-day programme aimed to commemorate 75th anniversary of the Quit India Movement (QIM) and 70 years of Independence.
2. Maharashtra Government has launched Quit India 2 Swaraaj to Suraaj Movement against various social ills during commemoration of Platinum Jubilee anniversary of the Quit India Movement.
It was launched by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
3. The Iron Lady of Manipur Irom Chanu Sharmila ended her 16-year-long hunger strike for repealing of the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) of 1958 from Manipur.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India has approached United States (US) and select European countries part of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) to crack terror fund trail details of the Al Rehmat Trust from Pakistan.
FATF is an inter‐governmental policy making body with ministerial mandate to establish international standards for combating money laundering and terrorist financing.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Dinesh Kumar Khara was appointed Managing Director (MD) of State Bank of India (SBI), India’s largest lender.
He also worked as MD and chief executive of SBI Funds Management Pvt. Ltd.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Union Government has announced that the Non-Performing Assets (NPA) of commercial banks have increased by around 4% in the last one year (March 2015 to March 2016).
The NPA of banks was 5.43 percent in March 2015 which has risen to 9.32 percent in March 2016.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Lok Sabha has unanimously passed the Employee’s Compensation (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to reduce litigation in cases of disputes arising over compensation to workers.
The Bill seeks to amend the Employee’s Compensation Act, 1923.
2. Parliament has passed Enforcement of Security Interest and Recovery of Debts Laws Amendment Bill, 2016.
The Bill amends four laws:
Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act, 2002
Recovery of Debts due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act (RDDBFI), 1993
Depositories Act, 1996
Indian Stamp Act, 1899
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images