Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. In an effort to enhance cooperation in education between the two countries, India will establish a center of excellence in information technology at Egypt’s oldest and most prestigious Al-Azhar University.
India’s leading computer IT organisation, the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) had discussed about the establishment of the centre with Al-Azhar University’s department of IT and department of engineering.
2. In another step to push digital transactions, the ministry of electronics and information technology (MeitY) launched a TV channel named ‘DigiShala’.
The channel would be managed by Doordarshan (DD) and piggyback on its infrastructure
Awards & Recognition:
1. The 2016 World Power Language Index (PLI) announced that English language is the most powerful language in the world.
The index was published by World Economic Forum (WEF). Hindi language was ranked 10th in the 2016 PLI.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The Board of Directors of IDFC Bank has approved the appointment of Ms. Veena Mankar as the Non-Executive Chairperson, up to July 26, 2018.
The appointment is subject to approval of the RBI.
2. Ghana’s main opposition leader Nana Akufo-Addo has won the presidency in his third run for the office.
The country’s election commission said Akufo-Addo received 53.8% of the vote, with John Mahama on 44.4%
3. Vistaar Financial Services Private Limited, a leading NBFC, announced the appointment of Mr. C.B. Bhave as the Non-Executive Chairman and Independent Director of the Company.
His appointment will be effective from November 17, 2016.
Mr. Bhave served as the Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) from February 2008 for a period of three years.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Pakistan has lifted an “undeclared” ban on import of ginned cotton from India, days after rejecting a consignment of 10,000 bales of cotton from India citing violation of plant quarantine rules by importers.
Earlier, the Department of Plant Protection (DPP) of the Ministry of National Food Security and Research put cotton imports from India on hold through Wagah and Karachi port from November 23, saying the shipments did not fulfil phyto- sanitary conditions, Dawn newspaper reported.
2. State Bank of India will divest 3.9 per cent of its stake in SBI Life Insurance Company to global investment firms KKR and Temasek for Rs. 1,794 crore.
3. Canara Bank launched a prepaid card as part of efforts to attract more and more people towards cashless transactions.
Prepaid card lets the card holders to use the same for cash withdrawal, purchases at point of sale or internet.
1. The Human Rights Day 2016 was on 10th December 2016 observed across the world.
This year’s theme is “Stand up for someone’s rights today”.
2. The International Anti-Corruption Day 2016 was observed across the world on 9th December 2016.
This year’s theme is ‘United against corruption for development, peace and security’.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images