Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways launched the report titled Road Accidents in India 2015.
As per the report, road accidents have emerged as a major public health problem in India where almost 5 lakh accidents occurred last year killing 146000 people.
The report was compiled by the Transport Research Wing.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India has joined a group of nearly 40 countries that have signed a on tax evasion and corruption.
Under this group countries are committed to automatically exchange information on beneficial ownership between law enforcement agencies and tax authorities of partner countries.
This initiative aims to develop a global standard for the automatic exchange of beneficial ownership data
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Major General Per Lodin from Sweden was appointed as chief military observer and head of the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP).
His appointment was approved by United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
He will succeed Major General Delali Johnson Sakyi of Ghana whose two-year term completes on July 2, 2016.
UNMOGIP observes and reports on ceasefire violations along and across the Line of Control (LoC) between the nuclear-armed India and Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) has signed a MoU with Qatar Investment Authority (QIA).
The MoU was signed for facilitating investment in India’s infrastructure.
Objective of MoU is to facilitate QIA to study investment opportunities in India’s infrastructure sector in order to enable both sides to decide on joint investments.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The multilateral lending agency Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved 100 million dollars loan.
The loan is approved to strengthen a key irrigation system and improve water management in the Vennar sub-basin of Cauvery Delta in Tamil Nadu.
The loan supports both physical improvements and stronger water management to give significant boost to the lives of coastal communities who do not have sufficient irrigation water.
2. Axis Bank has launched India’s first internationally-listed certified green bond.
The aim is to finance climate change solutions around the world at London Stock Exchange (LSE).
The proceeds of the bond will be invested by Axis Bank in green energy, transportation and infrastructure projects.
Green Bonds, basically are debt instruments which help issuer to get capital while the investors receive fixed income in the form of interest.
Science & Technology:
1. Researchers at Assam Agricultural University have developed two rice varieties.
They are Ranjit Sub-1 and Bahadur Sub-1.
These were developed to get better yields under submerged conditions in state mainly Barak Valley.
Preparing for IBPS ? Grab the Best Study Plan to Crack IBPS PO in 3 Months
Daily GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images