Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. President Pranab Mukherjee launched the ‘Selfie with Daughter’ mobile application.
The aim of the campaign is to raise awareness about female foeticide and sex selection.
The campaign was started by Sunil Jaglan in June 2015 in village Bibipur in Haryana’s Jind district.
2. Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot inaugurated the Eastern Regional Conference of Eastern Region States on issues relating to Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
It was organized by Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
3. NITI Aayog has launched SATH, a program providing ‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital’ with the State Governments.
The vision of SATH Program is to initiate transformation in the education and health sectors.
This program will be implemented by NITI along with McKinsey & Company and IPE Global consortium in three selected states after the signing of MoUs.
4. Supreme Court rules that it would be mandatory for all Aadhaar holders to link the unique identity number with the PAN for filing income tax returns.
Under the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016, the unique identity number is mandatory only to receive social welfare benefits.
Sports & Athletics:
1. The International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Executive Board added 15 new events for the 2020 Olympics to be held in Tokyo.
Tokyo Games would include 321 events, which is an increase from 306 events held at Rio 2016.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The 22nd European Union Film Festival (EUFF) kicked off in New Delhi which will screen 22 films from 22 European countries at Siri Fort Auditorium.
The aim of the event is to improve cultural ties between India and European countries.
The inaugural session of the film festival opened with Estonian film Cherry Tobacco.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Canara Bank has inked pact with the state-owned general insurer New India Assurance Co to sell policies through its branches.
The tie-up will offer personal products such as motor insurance, home insurance, health insurance, travel insurance besides commercial policy coverages like fire insurance, marine insurance and engineering insurance.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. SEBI has granted conditional approval for the appointment of Vikram Limaye as the MD and CEO of the NSE.
However, SEBI had not cleared his appointment as he was also present in the Supreme Court appointed four-member panel managing the affairs of BCCI.
2. Preet Kaur Gill has become the first Sikh to be elected to the British Parliament’s House of Commons.
Similarly, Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi has become the first turban-wearing Sikh to be elected to the House of Commons.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. State Bank of India has cut the interest rate on home loans above Rs. 75 lakh by 10 basis points (bps) to 8.55%-8.6%, with effect from 15th June.
The revised interest rates will be 8.55% pa (per annum) for salaried women borrowers.
For others, the rate of interest will be 8.60% pa.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Veteran Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member from Telangana, Palvai Govardhan Reddy, died of cardiac arrest in Kulu, Himachal Pradesh.
Palvai was first elected to the Legislative Assembly in 1967 from Munugodu constituency in Nalgonda district in the United Andhra Pradesh.
2. Mehrunnisa Dalwai, eminent social activist, author and wife of the late thinker and Marathi writer Hamid Dalwai has passed away.
She worked for justice and equal rights for Muslim women and spearheaded a march in Mumbai seeking abolition of triple ‘talaq’.
She also founded Islamic Research Institute and Maharashtra Talaq Mukti Morcha.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images