Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Government has decided to set up Amitabh Kant Committee to look at easing the policy regime for e-commerce players, including the rules for foreign direct investment (FDI).
The committee will be headed by Amitabh Kant, CEO of NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog.
2. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CEEA) has given its approval for the development of Advanced Ultra Super Critical (AUSC) technology for thermal power plants.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. K. M. Hanumantharayappa has assumed charge as the new Chairman of Central Silk Board (CSB), for a period of three years.
He is the 25th Chairman of the Central Silk Board.
He will succeed N. S. Bissegowda.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval for introducing the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 in Parliament.
It will amend the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
2. The Lok Sabha has passed the Taxation Laws (Amendment) Bill 2016 to pave the way for employers in the textile sector to avail of the income tax benefit.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The NITI Aayog has inked a pact with US Energy Information Administration (EIA) in a step to set up a portal to host all the data related to energy sector in the country.
The web portal will host all the data related to energy sector including oil and gas, coal, solar and thermal energy etc.
2. The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval for a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Africa for cooperation in the field of Tourism.
Science & Technology:
1. China has successfully launched a new high-resolution Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) dubbed as Gaofen-3.
It was launched from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in northern Shanxi Province on the back of a Long March 4C rocket.
It was 233rd flight mission by a Long March carrier rocket.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin dedicated the first unit of the ambitious Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNPP) in Tamil Nadu to the nation.
It has India’s single largest nuclear generation unit with capacity of 1000 megawatt (MW).
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images