Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1.Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Vijay Goel, in a statement said that this year the 21st Youth Festival is being organized in Rohtak, Haryana from 12th to 16th January 2017.
It is organized every year on the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, the greatest youth icon.
The theme for the festival is “Youth for Digital India”.
2. Delhi Airport become first in the world to adopt unique performance and benchmarking digital platform.
This platform at Terminal 3 would be used by airport operator to measure, manage and improve performance of airport on resource consumption and quality of passenger space.
3. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has released the new passenger mobile application named ‘IRCTC Rail Connect App’ to promote ease of ticketing through digital transactions.
It has been developed to bring the power of next generation e-ticketing system like high performance and enhanced security.
4. The Union Ministry of Power unveiled world’s largest street light replacement programme in South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) area.
It is implemented under LED based Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP) by the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint venture under the Union Ministry of Power.
Under SLNP, 2 lakh street light will be replaced with LED lights in SDMC area. It will result in cumulative annual energy savings of 2.65 crore kWh and daily reduction of 22,000 tons of greenhouse gases.
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Nobel Prize Series Exhibition in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. It is the first-of-its-kind conclave of Nobel laureates to be held in India.
It has been organized by Nobel Media and coordinated by the Department of Biotechnology. Nine Nobel laureates are attending it and interact with students of Indian Universities.
6. Maharashtra government has launched WiFi service ‘Mumbai WiFi’ connecting 500 hotspots across Mumbai under the Smart city project with an aim to empower people digitally.
It is India’s largest and one of globally largest public WiFi service.
The government will launch 700 more hotspot services by May 1, 2018.
International – Across the Globe:
1. World Hindi Day is being observed annually on 10 January.
It is celebrated to promote the language at the global stage.
2. China successfully launched first commercial mission using an updated version of the low-cost Kuaizhou-1A rocket. As part of the mission three satellites JL-1, CubeSats XY-S1 and Caton-1 were launched into space.
The rocket was launched form northwestern China’s Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in Gansu province.
3. Pakistan successfully test-fired its first Submarine-Launched Cruise Missile (SLCM) Babur-3 capable of carrying a nuclear warhead. This launch gives Pakistan a “credible” second-strike capability.
The Babur-3 missile was fired from an underwater mobile platform from an undisclosed location in the Indian Ocean and hit its target with precise accuracy.
It has range of 450 km.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. BSNL plans to connect 1518 gram panchayats with Optical Fiber cable this year in Assam to ensure Rural connectivity.
Kshetri Gaon panchayat in Kanpur district is likely to become the first digital gram panchayat of the country.
BSNL will provide 3000 hotspots at important places and has already initiated steps for automatic hook up points through wireless network.
1. Mobile handset brand Gionee signs up Indian captain Virat Kohli as the brand ambassador.
He will be joining Bollywood Actress Alia Bhatt who was roped in a few months ago.
The announcement of Kohli’s appointment was made alongside the announcement of Gionne clocking 1.2 crore customers in India.
1. Football’s governing body, FIFA agrees to expand the World Cup to 48 teams from its current 32 teams.
The new format to be introduced in 2026, will feature a first round of 16 groups of the three teams, with the top two in each qualifying for around of 32. From then it will be a straightforward knockout contest.
The number of matches will increase from 64 to 80.
1. Clare Hollingworth, the veteran British war correspondent who broke the news of the Nazi invasion of Poland, has died in Hong Kong at the age of 105.
She was the first to report on the invasion that triggered the outbreak of World War 2.
2. Roman Herzog, who as German president was a powerful advocate of economic reforms in the 1990s, has died. He was 82.
Herzog was a member of German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s conservative Christian Democratic Union.
He served as the chief Justice of Germany’s highest court before being elected as a five-year term as president in 1994, four year after reunification.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images