Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) in Ludhiana has claimed developing country’s first genetically-modified (GM) varieties of cotton – PAU Bt 1 and F1861.
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) also has identified three Bt cotton varieties –F1861, PAU Bt 1 and RS2013 for cultivation in Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan.
2. 46th National Safety Week Campaign was commenced from 4th March 2017 to 10th March 2017 to renewing the commitment of employees and general public to work safely throughout the year.
It is observed by National Safety Council (NSC) since 1972.
2017 theme is Keep Each Other Safe.
3. Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Kiren Rijiju launched mobile application MySSB.
The Minister lauded the efforts in developing the application and expressed hope that SSB will continue keeping the welfare of its personnel on priority basis.
4. For the first time in India, four states Odisha, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand have decided to conduct a synchronized elephant census in May 2017.
These four together have the maximum number of human-elephant conflict-prone regions in India.
This decision was taken by senior Forest Department officials of the four States during a regional workshop.
5. Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader and Goa deputy chief minister Francis Dsouza has won Goa Elections 2017 by 6,828 votes from Mapusa constituency.
He has defeated Secretary of Goa Cricket Association Vinod Phadke of the MGP.
6. Central Board of Secondary Education has made six subjects mandatory for class 10th board exams.
CBSE allowing asse4sment scheme for Class 10 students in vocational stream who fail in any of social science, mathematics and science papers to replace it with a vocational subject.
However, if a candidate wishes to reappear for the failed subject, he/she can appear in the compartment examination.
7. India has successfully test fired Brahmos Supersonic cruise missile tested from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) Chandipur at sea in Balasore, off the coast of Odisha.
It is a 450-km range version of the cruise missile.
The extended range Brahmos hit the target with centimetric accuracy.
International – Across the Globe:
1. National Assembly of Pakistan has passed the Hindu Marriage Bill, 2016 to regulate marriages of Hindus in Pakistan.
The bill was passed again by the lower house after amendments were made by the Senate (Upper House) while passing the bill.
The law prohibits the marriage of minors and prescribes a minimum age of 18-years for contracting marriage.
2. Great Barrier Reef in Australia’s eastern coast is experiencing an unprecedented second straight year of mass coral bleaching.
This is for the first-time Great Barrier Reef has bleached two years in sequence.
Earlier in March and April 2016, 2,300-km reef suffered had its most severe bleaching on record due to warming sea temperatures.
Sports & Athletics:
1. The Indian Woman’s Ice Hockey team recorded its first ever international win at the 2017 IIHF Challenge Cup of Asia.
They beat the Philippines 4-3 in the Challenge Cup of Asia at Bangkok, Thailand.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Shri Narendra Kumar, has appointed as Chairman of Central Water Commission (CWC).
He has served in various capacities in CWC as Assistant Director in Design Organisation, Deputy Director in Project Appraisal Directorate and Director in Dam Safety Organisation and Project Monitoring Directorate.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images