Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. A high altitude glaciological research station ‘Himansh’ has begun functioning above 13,500 ft in a remote region in Spiti, Himachal Pradesh.
Himansh station will provide much-needed fillip to the scientific research on Himalayan glaciers and its hydrological contribution.
2. Lalima Abhiyan will be launch by Madhya Pradesh government to make state free from anaemia.
It will be effective from November 1, 2016 in Madhya Pradesh.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The words Aiyoh and Aiyah were added to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) recently.
The words aiyah and aiyoh are interchangeable. Like many Indian words, Aiyoh and Aiyah can mean many things depending on context and tone like irritation, disgust, surprise, dismay, pain, lament, disappointment.
2. The 4th BRICS Science, Technology and Innovation Ministerial Meeting was held at Jaipur, Rajastan.
The meeting adopted a five-pronged approach: –
Awards & Recognition:
1. Two economists Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom have won the 2016 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences.
Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has selected them for their contributions to contract theory which tells how contracts help people deal with conflicting interests.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Luo Zhaohui was appointed as China’s Ambassador to India.
His appointment was approved by Chinese President Xi Jinping. He succeeds former Chinese Ambassador to India Le Yucheng, who left the position in April 2016.
1. The 2016 International Day of the Girl Child (IDGC) was observed on 11 October 2016 across the world.
The theme of this day is “Girls’ Progress = Goals’ Progress: What Counts for Girls”.
The theme focuses on investment in collecting and analyzing girl-focused, girl-relevant and sex-disaggregated data.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images