Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Government has set up an Inter- Ministerial Monitoring-cum-Coordination Committee to monitor the UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Naagrik) scheme.
The committee will be responsible for coordination among stakeholders, including state governments for time-bound implementation of the scheme.
It will also monitor schemes of promotion of regional connectivity by way of the revival of unserved and under-served airports/airstrips and UDAN.
2. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu announced the re-launch of Adarana scheme on the occasion of the 191st birth anniversary of social reformer Mahatma Jyotirao Phule.
It will offer modern tools, technology, marketing, and financial support to artisans and those pursuing traditional occupations to raise their income levels and provide employment in the rural areas.
3. Uttar Pradesh government scrapped the Samajwadi Pension Scheme, which was initiated by the previous Akhilesh Yadav government.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has also ordered a probe into the selection of beneficiaries under the scheme.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The G7 Ministers of Foreign Affairs held their annual meet on 10th-11th April 2017 in Lucca.
The meeting focused on the common fight against terrorism, the situation in Libya and Ukraine, the latest worrying developments in North Korea.
2. India and Georgia have signed a Joint Statement on the launching of the Joint Feasibility Study on the Free Trade Agreement between both countries.
The objective of the study is to further promote economic, trade and investment relations between the two countries for creating favorable conditions for more comprehensive economic cooperation.
Sports & Athletics:
1. India emerged champion at the 5th Asian School Hockey Championship with a convincing 5-1 win over Malaysia in the final.
Alishan Mohammad scored two goals and Pratap Lakra successfully converted a penalty corner and a penalty stroke in the goal.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Central Hindi Institute Director N.K. Pandey announced the names of 26 writers from various categories for the prestigious Hindi Sevi Samman Awards.
The awardees will receive Rs 5 lakh each, a citation and a shawl from President Pranab Mukherjee at a ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan in May.
2. Haldia Port topped the list in the first ever ranking of ports on sanitation.
Vizag port bagged the second rank.
The exercise was undertaken during the Swachhta Pakhwada observed from the 16th to 31st of March 2017.
Books & Authors:
1. Salman Khan has launched the biography of actress Asha Parekh’s autobiography: The Hit Girl.
The book is authored by celebrated film critic and author Khalid Mohamed.
It covers the life and times of an actress who ruled the hearts of many in the 1960s and 1970s.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a book Matoshree authored by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan in New Delhi.
The book covers the life and times of legendary Devi Ahilyabai Holker who ruled the Holkar Empire spread over the Malwa region from 1767 to 1795.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Manappuram Finance will launch its own co-branded prepaid card in the tie-up with YES Bank in its efforts to promote digital financial transactions.
Prepaid Money Card can be pre-loaded up to a maximum amount of Rs 50,000 and then be used to withdraw money from all ATMs.
It can also be used for online transactions and at merchant establishments with PoS terminals.
2. The Income tax department has asked financial institutions (FIs) to ask their non-resident US-based account holders to provide self-certification of their 2014-15 (July-August) accounts by 30th April 2017.
If norms under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) are violated, these accounts will be blocked till the self-certification is received.
3. The rupee shed 11 paise to 64.61 against the US dollar in early trade following fresh demand for the American currency from banks and importers.
Earlier, the rupee advanced by 6 paise to end at 64.50 against the US dollar amid mild selling of the American currency by exporters.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Parliament has passed the HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Control) Bill, 2017.
The Bill seeks to safeguard the rights of people living with HIV and affected by HIV.
It aims to prevent social stigma and discrimination against people living with HIV (PLHIV).
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images