Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The growing power of Indian community in the US has seen once again.
The Hindi language was found a place on ‘Thank You’ note in US president election.
The receipts were in four language – English, Spanish, Chinese and *Hindi.
2. Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Prakash Javadekar on inaugurated the world’s largest digital national building initiative “Smart India Hackathon 2017”.
It is aimed at reaching out to all technology institutions in India and challenge students to offer innovative solutions to the daunting problems faced by our nation.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The High-Level Meeting of Interior Ministers of Indian Ocean Region (IOR) to Counter Drug Trafficking was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
It had adopted Colombo declaration.
The delegates from 18 littoral states of the IOR took the resolution to make the region a “Drug Free Zone”.
2. The Competition Commission of India was selected to host ICN 2018 Annual Conference.
The Conference will be held at Delhi in March–April 2018.
1. Robin Peterson, former South Africa and County Championship spin bowler has announced his retirement from cricket with immediate effect.
He started his international career in Champions Trophy 2002.
2. Mumbai’s Western Railways women’s team won the 33rd Indian Oil Servo Surjit Hockey Tournament.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Madhya Pradesh Government has selected renowned theatre personality Prof. Raj Bisaria for the prestigious ‘Kalidas Samman’ national award for 2015-16.
He is best known for blending artistic concepts of the East and the West and the traditional and the modern.
The Press Trust of India (PTI) describes him as the father of the modern theatre in North India.
2. Former world number one Roger Federer won the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award at the ATP awards.
He has awarded the title for the 12th time in his career.
3. The Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has won the prestigious 2016 Golden Peacock Award for Corporate Governance.
The award was given during the 16th London Global Convention on Corporate Governance and Sustainability in London, UK.
The award was received by Ashwini Kumar, CEO of Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) on behalf of SAIL.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Gurumoorthy Mahalingam took charge as Full-Time Member of SEBI and will be responsible for leading the following:
Integrated Surveillance Department
Investment Management Department
Enforcement Department (ED)
Foreign Portfolio Investors and Custodians
Collective Investment Schemes
Department of Economic and Policy Analysis
2. Guy Ryder was re-elected as the Director-General (DG) of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) for another five-year term.
He will assume the post the on 1 October 2017.
3. A top Chinese security minister Meng Hongwei has been elected president of the international crime fighting and police cooperation organization Interpol.
He is the first Chinese personnel to be appointed to the post and took charge immediately
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Japan signed have ten agreements to boost the bilateral cooperation between the two nations. Agreements signed are as follows:
Agreement for Cooperation in Peaceful uses of Nuclear Energy
Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) on the Manufacturing Skill Transfer Promotion Program
MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Outer Space
MoU on Mutual Collaboration in Marine and Earth Science and Technology
MoC in the Field of Agriculture and Food Related Industry
MoU for Transport and Urban Development
MoU in the Field of Textiles
MOC in the Field of Cultural Exchange
MoC on Cooperation in Sports
MOU between Gujarat and Hyogo Prefectural Government
2. Maharashtra government has signed an agreement with Canada.
The MoU was about implementing a joint action plan on urban infrastructure development in the state.
Science & Technology:
1. India’s first banking robot was launched by the Kumbakonam-based City Union Bank (CUB) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
It was named Lakshmi.
It will be first on-site humanoid (robot) in India.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images