Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Manohar Parikkar, Defence Minister inaugurated the week long “Bharat Parv”.
The programme is organized by the Government of India at the Rajpath Lawns, India Gate (New Delhi).
2. President Pranab Mukherjee has given his nod to set up six new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and passed a law regarding the same.
These IITs will be set in places like Jammu, Tirupati, Palakkad (Kerala), Goa, Dharward (Karnataka) and Bhilai (Chhattisgarh).
3. Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has inaugurated city’s first Sewa Kendra at Ladhewali where people will be able to avail services under one roof.
A total of 2,147 Sewa Kendras has been constructed at a cost of Rs 500 crore.
4. Assam has become the first state to ratify the Goods and Services Tax Constitutional Amendment Bill.
The Centre seeks to roll-out the GST by April 1, 2017.
1. Michael Phelps won his fourth consecutive 200m individual medley Olympic title.
He became the first swimmer to win four consecutive golds in the same event.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. IFS officer Birender Singh Yadav has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the West Africa’s Republic of Ghana.
He will succeed K. Jeeva Sagar in Ghana.
He is currently working as Joint Secretary in the Ministry.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The private sector lender Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) has announced the availability of Flipkart’s mobile site in its mobile banking app to gives the customer a secure in-app shopping environment.
KMB has been expanding the scope of offerings on its mobile banking app, and this move further strengthens its mStore which already allows booking of air tickets, hotels, and bus tickets.
2. The Reserve Bank will transfer to the central government its surplus profit of Rs 65,876 crore which is marginally lower than the amount given last year.
The surplus is generated through RBI’s investment activities, primarily in other sovereign bonds like that of the US T-bills, which is its single largest investment source
3. NABARD has sanctioned Rs 26.06 crore to the Punjab government.
It will allow the customers to shop smoothly and even check out faster as billing and delivery details which are already available with the bank will not be needed to be entered again.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images