Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Punjab Government has launched country’s first amphibious bus project at the Harike wetland near Amritsar.
The amphibious bus named as “Harike Cruise” travels on land and as well as in water.
2. The Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs is going to will launch “Vanjeevan”, the National Resource Centre (NRC) for Tribal Livelihood issues in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
It will be launched in collaboration with UNDP and National Scheduled Tribes Finance and Development Corporation (NSTFDC).
3. The Indian Air Force (IAF) had organised seminar to increase awareness about organ donation.
Around 500 air warriors and their families joined hands to strengthen the organ donation movement in the country.
1. Ace Indian cueist Pankaj Advani has won his 11th World Billiards (150-Up format) Championships title.
In the summit clash held in Bengaluru, Karnataka he defeated Peter Gilchrist of Singapore by six games to three.
It was his overall 16th world title.
2. India’s largest indoor sports arena will come up in New Town area of Kolkata, West Bengal.
It will come up on ten acres of land near the Deer park in Eco Park.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Two Indian-origin men Vivek Ramaswamy and Apoorva Mehta have figured in Forbes magazine’s second annual list of wealthiest entrepreneurs under the age of 40.
Vivek Ramaswamy, a successful biotech entrepreneur was ranked 24th on with a networth of $600 million and Apoorva Mehta (cofounder of Instacart, a grocery delivery service) stands at 31st spot with a $360 million networth.
2. Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo from Portugal has won the prestigious 2016 FIFA Ballon d’Or Award.
He has earned this title of world’s best football player for fourth time.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Indian Actress Priyanka Chopra was appointed as UNICEF’s Global Goodwill Ambassador.
It was announced by soccer player David Beckham and British actress Millie Bobby Brown on the eve of UNICEF’s 70th anniversary in New York.
2. Former Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Guterres was sworn in as the 9th UN Secretary-General.
Antonio Guterres is Portuguese politician and diplomat. He was Prime Minister of Portugal from 1995 to 2002.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has approved the recommendations of the seventh pay commission.
The pay hike almost 10 to 15% in the pay of employees will be implemented from January 17, 2017.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The European Union (EU) and Cuba have signed a deal to normalise ties between them. Prior to it, Cuba was the only Latin American country not to have a cooperation deal with the 28-nation EU.
The EU had blocked ties with Cuba for decades over issues such as trade, human rights and migration.
Science & Technology:
1. Researchers discovered Atlantic killifish, a fish species which has evolved to be 8,000 times more resilient to toxic waste compared with normal fish.
The fish species lives in the heavily polluted East Coast estuaries of US such as the Elizabeth River in Virginia and the Newark Bay in New Jersey.
2. Software giant Microsoft India has launched its first full-scale Cybersecurity Engagement Centre (CSEC) in New Delhi.
It is Microsoft’s seventh Cybersecurity Centre in the world.
It will function as a satellite to the its Redmond Digital Crimes Unit (DCU).
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images