Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Guided Pinaka, which has been upgraded from Pinaka Rocket, was successfully test fired from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur.
The Pinaka Rocket Mark-II, which evolved from Pinaka Mark-I, is equipped with a navigation, guidance and control kit and has been transformed to a Guided Pinaka.
2. The World’s first ‘Gender Literature Festival’ will be held in Patna during 7th to 9th April 2017.
The Gender Resource Centre of Bihar’s Women Development Corporation will be organizing the festival.
The objective of this festival is to create a platform, to exchange ideas, and to share and learn experiences of renowned people in the field of gender literature.
3. The first wax museum attraction Madame Tussauds will debut in Delhi this June with its operator Merlin Entertainments foraying into India with an investment plan of 50 million pounds over the next 10 years.
UK based Merlin Enterprises runs 116 attractions in 24 countries and the company will be foraying into Indian market with the launch of Madame Tussauds in the national capital.
Merlin Enterprises will open its first Madame Tussauds attraction in Delhi in June with 50 figures. 60 percent of the figures will be local celebrities and rest global.
International – Across the Globe:
1. After Cambodia, now a Festival of India is being organized in Ghana from January 25 to March 16, 2017.
The Festival events are being showcased in four cities of Accra, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Takoradi in Ghana.
The activities of the festival include amalgamation of Indian classical dances, Sufi & Folk Music, and Saptarang-confluence of seven classical dance forms culminating in Vande Matram.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. HDFC Bank has reportedly helped five temples in Kanyakumari district in southern Tamil to introduce digital wallets and point of sale (PoS) to enable their devotees pay donations.
The Bank has opened five new government accounts for collecting donations from the devotees using their debit card or credit cards.
The temples that have introduced digital mode include Arulmighu Thanumalya Swamy Temple, Suchindrum; Arulmighu Bhagavathi Amman Temple, Kanyakumari; Arulmighu Nagaraja Temple, Nagercoil; Arulmighu Bhagavati Amman Temple, Mondaikudi; and Arulmighu Kumaraswamy Temple, Velimalai.
1. Tata Sons has appointed Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Chief Executive Natarajan Chandrasekaran as its new chairman. He will take over as the Executive chairman from February 21.
The decision came about three months after the company in October ousted Cyrus Mistry and appointed Ratan Tata as its interim chairman, sparking a bitter public spat.
At TCS, Chandrasekaran would be succeeded by Rajesh Gopinath, currently the company’s chief financial officer.
2. The Indian men’s hockey team captain P R Sreejesh has become a member of International Hockey Federation (FIH) Athletes’ Committee.
FIH Athletes’ Committee comprises a total of eight current and former hockey players who have the responsibility to act as a liaison between the FIH and the athletes to make sure that the players have voice in decision making process.
Sreejesh’s role will be to seek and provide feedback to the FIH on behalf of all athletes.
3. Lieutenant General Sarath Chand, Army Commander of Jaipur- based South Western Command, was appointed as the new Vice Chief of Army Staff.
Lt Gen Sarath Chand was commissioned into the Garhwal Rifles in June 1979 and had an outstanding professional career of 38 years.
He has had a very beautiful tenure as the Army Commander of South Western Command.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Jio Filmfare Short Films awards 2017 is organized by Worlwide Media Private Limited (WWM).
People’s Choice Award for best Film- Khamakha
Best Short film in fiction- Chutney
Best Short film in Non -fiction- Matitali Kusti
Best Actor Female- Tisca Chopra for Chutney
Best Actor Male- Manoj Bajpai for Taandav
1. Former world champion L Sarita Devi will become the first ever woman boxer from India to step into the world of professional boxing.
She will make her professional debut against Zsofia Bedo of Hungary in the Indian Boxing Council’s January 29 fight night to be held in her hometown of Imphal.
The 31 -year -old Sarita is honing her skills under the tutelage of American coach Joe Clough.
2. Former world No.3 women’s player Nadia Petrova of Russia has ended her tennis career in the wake of long injury trouble.
Petrova, 34 had not played since the end of 2013 and several comeback attempts failed.
The 1998 French Open Junior champion won 13 WTA singles titles and reached the No.3 spot in May 2006.
She was also successful in doubles with the 24 titles. She also won Olympic doubles bronze in 2012.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images