Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Uttar Pradesh ranks First in Number of Child Labourers.
The data is presented by the Child Rights and You (CRY) Report.
The also says that more than 8 lakh children between the age group of 5 and 6 years in India are engaged in child labour.
2. India has emerged as the seventh largest exporter of agri-products globally.
Goods exports during 2016-17 stood at $276.28 billion, out of which agri exports comprised of $33.38 billion.
Vietnam, UAE, Saudi Arabia, USA, Iran, Iraq and Nepal are the major destinations for export of food products from India.
3. The Indian Railways is planning to induct about 40,000 coaches with improved interiors and upgraded facilities at an estimated cost of Rs. 8,000 crore to provide world-class comfort to passengers.
The coaches will be retrofitted with refurbished interiors, improved seating arrangement and newly designed bio-toilets among other facilities.
4. Anuyatra, a campaign of the Kerala government for persons with special needs, was launched by Vice-President Hamid Ansari.
The aim is transforming the state to a disabled-friendly one and empower differently-abled children by bringing them to the forefront of the mainstream society.
5. The government has launched the ‘Tele-Law’ initiative.
The aim is to make legal aid easily accessible to the marginalized communities and citizens living in rural areas.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Ministry of Home Affairs has constituted an expert committee to examine the rules which allow free movement of people near Indo-Myanmar border.
Indian and Myanmarese citizens are permitted free movement within 16 km of the international border, but these rules are widely exploited by militants for smuggling arms, drugs, and fake Indian currency.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Rafael Nadal has increased his rankings by two spots to stand at No.2 in the ATP rankings which is his highest since October 2014.
Men’s Tennis ATP Current Rankings: -
First Rank: Andy Murray (Great Britain)
Second Rank: Rafael Nadal (Spain)
Third Rank: Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland)
Fourth Rank: Novak Djokovic (Serbia & Montenegro)
Fifth Rank: Roger Federer (Switzerland)
2. Indian shooting pair of Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu outclassed their Russian counterparts by 7-6 in the mixed team air pistol final event to win a gold medal at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup in Azerbaijan.
Russia was given the consolidating silver medal, while France bagged bronze after beating Iran by 7-6 in the third-place match.
3. Shashikant Kutwal, a railway employee with Pune Division, has won the gold medal at the 17th World Individual Chess Championship for differently-abled, held in Slovakia from May 27 to June 6, 2017.
In the World Championship, held by Physically Disabled Chess Association (PDCA), Kutwal won the gold medal after scoring 7.5 points from a possible 9.
Awards & Recognition:
1. 12-year-old Padmalaya Nanda from Odisha has created history by becoming the youngest girl to bag the “Little Miss Universe Internet 2017” and “Little Miss Actress” crowns at the Little Miss Universe 2017 at the port city of Batumi in Georgia.
She will now participate in the “Little Miss World 2017″ competition that will be held at Greece from Sept 25 to Oct 1, 2017.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Panama established formal diplomatic ties with China.
It also broke all its relationship with Taiwan.
This move is a victory for China in its drive to isolate Taiwan from the rest of the world.
Science & Technology:
1. China has launched the world’s largest floating solar farm.
It’s a 40-megawatt power plant that has 160,000 panels resting on a lake that emerged after the collapse of a coal mine in central Anhui province.
2. US-based aviation company Cirrus Aircraft has launched the world’s smallest and most affordable private jet called ‘Vision Jet’ for Rs 12.62 crore.
The Jet has only one engine and can cruise at 555 kmph.
It has a maximum operating altitude of 28,000 feet and takes off from just 620 metres of runway.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Legendary Telugu poet and writer C. Narayana Reddy passed away in Hyderabad.
He was a recipient of the prestigious “Jnanpith award”.
The 85-year-old doyen of Telugu language had to his credit more than 80 publications, which include poems, songs, lyrical dramas, ballets, essays, travelogues, and ghazals.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images