Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Kabaddi WC venue is India’s 1st convertible stadium.
The Arena by Trans Stadia in Ahmedabad, venue of the ongoing Kabaddi World Cup, is India’s first convertible stadium.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of IIM at Jammu.
It will become operational from the Academic Year 2016-17 at the transit or temporary campus at Old Government College of Engineering & Technology.
3. IISER, Kolkata students used human hair to produce cheaper use of cathode in solar cells.
Researchers from Kolkata based Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) have produced cost-effective, metal-free cathodes using human hair for use in solar cells.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Global Hunger Index Rate 2016.
India has ranked 97th out of 118 countries on the International Food Policy Research Institute’s (IFPRI) Global Hunger Index (GHI) in 2016.
2. First BRICS Trade Fair and Exhibition begins in Delhi.
The first BRICS Trade Fair and Exhibition began in the national capital, ahead of the BRICS political summit in Goa.
1. R Ashwin has topped in test matches.
Ashwin, who was named man of the series after he finished with 27 wickets in a 3-0 sweep by India, now has 220 wickets, the most by any bowler after 39 Tests.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Veteran actor Ian McKellen was honoured at the UK Theatre Awards on for his individual contributions to British theatre.
The 77-year-old actor is known for his roles in the “X-Men” and “Lord of the Rings” films.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. ICICI has become 1st Indian Leader to complete banking transaction using block chain technology.
1. 13th Oct: International Disaster Reduction Day
The International Day for Disaster Reduction (IDDR) is observed annually on 13 October across the world encourage citizens and governments to take part in building more disaster resilient communities and nations.
1. One of Poland’s most famous film directors, Andrzej Wajda, has died at the age of 90.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images