Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Loans disbursed under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) have crossed its target of Rs 1.8 lakh crore in the financial year 2016-17.
Non-banking financial institutions have lent about Rs 57,000 crore.
In this year’s budget, Rs 2.44 lakh crore has been set as a target for Mudra loans for the financial year 2017-18.
2. Haryana government has launched Operation Durga to ensure women safety in the state.
Under this operation, teams formed by the Chief Minister’s Flying Squad visited public places such as schools, colleges, bus stands and railway stations and caught persons indulging in crime activities against women like eve-teasing, stalking, harassment and other such activities.
3. The Income Tax department has launched the second phase of the Operation Clean Money.
It was launched to investigate over 60,000 individuals including 1,300 high-risk persons with an aim to detect black money generation post demonetization.
4. The Department of Post has allotted a unique pin code for the Income Tax Department’s Central Processing Centre (CPC) based in Bengaluru.
This was done to ensure that the letters and emails sent by taxpayers to the CPC are not lost or reach the centre late.
The new pin code given to CPC is 560500.
Earlier, the CPC was using the pin code 560100.
5. The Union Ministry of Labour & Employment has launched Aadhaar Seeding Application for efficient service delivery and widening the reach of Employees Provident Fund (EPF) benefits.
It was launched at the 217th special meeting of the Central Board of Employees Provident Fund (CBEPF/EPFO) in New Delhi.
6. Jharkhand Police has initiated Tare Zameen Par programme to enlighten children in Naxal-affected areas in the Palamau district of Jharkhand.
This programme is aimed to restore confidence in the state police force and to encourage children to lead happy lives.
7. Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) has come up with a set of guidelines for celebrities endorsing products.
ASCI have barred celebrities from endorsing product/treatment/remedy that is prohibited under The Drugs & Magic Remedies Act (Objectionable Advertisements) and the Drugs & Cosmetic Act.
Celebrities should not endorse those products which by law require a health warning on its packaging or advertisement.
Awards & Recognition:
1. President Pranab Mukherjee conferred the Padma Awards 2017 to 44 people at Rashtrapati Bhavan. Here is the list of awardees.
|Padma Vibhushan|| Singer Yesudas
Spiritual leader Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev
Sunder Lal Patwa, the former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh was awarded posthumously
|Padma Bhushan|| Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt
Devi Prasad Dwivedi
Jainacharya Vijay Ratnasundersuri Maharaja
Eminent Journalist Cho Ramaswamy was given the award posthumously
| Wrestler Sakshi Malik
Gymnast Dipa Karmakar
Paralympian Mariyappan Thangavelu
Discus Thrower Vikas Gowda
Renowned chef Sanjeev Kapoor
Media magnet H R Shah
Padma Shri award was conferred on 37 personalities.
Click here to read the Complete List of Padma Awards 2017 and its recipients.
2. Abdulqadir Rashik, an Indian Software Engineer has won the Unite Ideas UNGAViz Textual Analysis and Visualization Challenge for his ‘Global Policy’.
It is an open-source tool that enables users to search and interactively view General Assembly resolutions to gain a deeper understanding of the voting patterns and decisions made by United Nations Member States.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Dr. (Ms.) Mukulita Vijayawargiya took charge as Whole Time Member, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India in New Delhi.
She will look after Administrative Law Wing, Information Technology, Limited Insolvency Examination, National Insolvency Examination, Finance and Accounts and Communication.
1. The Birth anniversary of Dr. B R Ambedkar (14th April) will be observed as Water Day in the country to sensitize people about managing precious water resources.
Ambedkar, besides being instrumental in framing the country’s Constitution, was also responsible for a definite all-India policy on managing water resources in India.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images