Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. 2016 IHS Jane’s Defence Budgets report has revealed that India is world’s fourth largest defence spender.
In this edition of report published by US research firm IHS Inc, India has surpassed Russia, France, Japan, and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s fourth largest defence spender.
2. The sixth edition of Asia Pacific Ministerial Conference on Housing and Urban Development (APMCHUD) began in New Delhi.
The three days’ conference seeks to address issues ranging from crowded city centres to peripheral expansion, metropolitan based urban population growth, megacities, and urban corridors etc.
3. The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed an interim nationwide ban on use of glass-coated ‘manja’ for flying kites as the sharp string poses a danger to humans, animals, and bird.
The ban order will apply on nylon, Chinese and cotton manja coated with glass.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Qatar has formally announced the end of its controversial “kafala” labour system.
Under this controversial system, all foreign workers working in Qatar were required a local sponsor, in the form of an individual or company, and need their permission to switch jobs or leave the country.
2. The ninth edition of exercise INDRA NAVY, an annual bilateral maritime exercise between Indian Navy and Russian Navy began in the Bay of Bengal.
The primary aim of exercise INDRA NAVY-16 is to increase inter-operability amongst the two navies and develop common understanding and procedures for maritime security operations.
1. Andy Murray and Angelique Kerber were named ITF (International Tennis Federation) World Champions of the year 2016.
Andy Murray (Britain) has won 9 titles in this year and sealed the year-end rankings top spot.
Angelique Kerber (Germany) has won Australian and US Open titles as well as a silver medal in Rio Olympics.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Union External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has been named as one of 15 Foreign Policy Global Thinkers.
She has named in the decision-makers category for fashioning a novel brand of Twitter diplomacy.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Digital payments platform Paytm has collaborated with major National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) toll concessionaires to enable cashless payments at all state, national and city toll plazas.
This partnership will facilitate commuters across the country pay their toll charges instantly using Paytm mobile application by scanning the QR code placed at toll payment counters.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. RBI has directed banks to keep daily record of new currency notes.
It comes in view of seizures by Income Tax Department and other law enforcement agencies of large quantities of high denomination notes after post demonetization drive.
2. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has lowered its growth forecast for Indian economy to 7.0% as an aftermath of demonetization.
3. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) came down to 3.63% in November 2016 as against 4.20% reported in October 2016.
The decline in inflation was largely due to the demonetization of high-denomination currency notes announced by Union Government.
4. India is going to contribute $5 lakh to the United Nations’ Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) for the year 2016-17.
CERF allocates approximately 450 million US Dollars in a year for humanitarian operations in about 50 countries.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Rajya Sabha has passed the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2014.
The bill repeals Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunity Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act of 1995.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Cuban government has signed a deal with Internet giant Google to provide faster access to Google’s data.
The deal allows Google to install servers on the island nation which will store much of the company’s most popular content.
Science & Technology:
1. NASA is building a robotic spacecraft dubbed as ‘Restore-L Spacecraft’ to refuel, repair satellites currently in orbit.
In this regard, NASA has awarded a $127 million contract to California-based satellite company Space Systems/Loral to build Restore-L Spacecraft.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images