Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
1. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes driver from Great Britain has won 2016 Canada Grand Prix title of Formula One.
It was his second title of the season after winning 2016 Monaco Grand Prix in May 2016.
Canada Grand Prix was the seventh race of the 2016 season and was held at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.
2016 Canada Grand Prix are as follows:
1st position: Lewis Hamilton (Britain) of Mercedes.
2nd position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari.
3rd position: Valtteri Bottas (Finland) of William.
4th position: Max Verstappen (Belgium) Red Bull.
5th position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) Mercedes. Top Teams: Mercedes, Ferrari, William and Red Bull.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Rakesh Ranjan Prasad, the senior-most Judge of the Manipur High Court Justice has assumed charge of the Chief Justice of the High Court.
He succeeded Justice Laxmi Kanta Mohapatra.
Earlier in February 2016, President Pranab Mukherjee had transferred Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prasad from Jharkhand High Court to Manipur High Court in exercise of his powers conferred to him by Article 222 of the Constitution of India.
2. G Kalyanakrishnan, a famous scientist has taken charge as Chief Executive of Hydereabad based Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC).
He succeeded Dr. N Saibaba, who had retired on completion of two years of extended period of service.
The NFC is a major industrial unit of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), for the supply of nuclear fuel bundles and reactor core components.
Download !! daily, weekly and monthly editions of GK Eduwrap that will enhance your General Awareness
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Tata Power Co. Ltd, the private power producer acquired renewable energy company Welspun Renewables Energy Pvt. Ltd.
Tata Power’s renewable energy unit Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd (TPREL) has signed share purchase agreement to acquire Welspun Renewables Energy.
The transaction deal is sized at 9,249 crore rupees, which is considered as largest transaction in renewables space in India.
It will help Tata Power to grow its clean energy portfolio to 2.3 gigawatts (GW)
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Ghana have signed three bilateral agreements to strengthen co-operation in varied fields.
These agreements were signed after delegation level talks between President Pranab Mukherjee and his Ghanaian counterpart John Dramani Mahama in Accra.
The signed agreements include one for visa waivers for holders of diplomatic and official passports and one for setting up a Joint Commission.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued guidelines called Scheme for Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets (S4A).
The main aim of these guidelines is to strengthen the lenders’ ability to deal with stressed assets and to put real assets back on track of entities facing genuine difficulties by providing an avenue for reworking financial structure.
The RBI has formulated the S4A as an optional framework for the resolution of large stressed accounts.
Preparing for IBPS PO ? Get complete Details Here!!
Science & Technology:
1. NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope has uncovered a mysterious solitary dwarf galaxy known as UGC 4879.
The galaxy is smaller and messier than its cosmic cousins and lacks the majestic swirl of a spiral or the coherence of an elliptical.
HST was launched in 1990 as an international cooperation space project between NASA and European Space Agency.
It is managed by NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. Its science operations are conducted by Baltimore based Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI).
1. The World Blood Donor Day is observed on 14 June to raise the public awareness about the need for safe blood donation.
Observance of the day seeks to spread awareness about the need for safe and secure blood supplies.
It also seeks to provide an opportunity to draw public attention to the importance of blood donation for saving lives.
2016 Theme for the celebration is “Blood connects us all” that highlights the common bond that all people share in their blood.
2016 slogan is “Share life, give blood”.
Daily GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image courtesy: Google Images