Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Union minister M Venkaiah Naidu presented 100 volumes of collected works of Mahatma Gandhi to Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan for the Parliament Library.
The written works of national movement evoked a sense of popular participation, feeling of oneness and unity for the nation.
2. The Centre has approved proposals for setting up of 100 Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) hospitals across the country.
The ministry has approved setting up of two 50-bedded integrated AYUSH hospitals at Theni and Tiruvannamalai districts in Tamil Nadu.
3. Pema Khandu, Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh reiterated demand for a separate time zone for the north-eastern states.
The demand is made to improve work efficiency and save electricity in the north-eastern region of the country.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Technology giant Google has topped the 2017 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands list, with a brand value of over $245 billion.
US tech giants Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook were also among the five most valuable brands.
2. India to be a co-partner in a global food and beverages trade ANUGA to be held in Cologne, Germany from 7th-11th October 2017.
The 34th edition of ANUGA is being organized by Koelnmesse GmBH and 7,200 exhibitors from more than 100 countries are likely to participate in the event.
3. G7 Environment Ministers Meeting was held in Bologna, Italy on 11-12th June 2017.
It was aimed to discuss issues ranging from climate change to sustainable development and litter at sea.
4. According to a statement issued by the International Labour Organisation (ILO) in Geneva, Switzerland India contract two key ILO conventions on child Labour.
The two ILO conventions are: The Minimum Age Convention (No 138) and The Worst Forms of Child Labour Convention (No 182).
Sports & Athletics:
1. According to the latest MRF Tyres ICC ODI Player Rankings, Indian captain Virat Kohli reclaimed the world number one position.
The Top 5 ICC ODI Batting Rankings are:
First Place: Virat Kohli (India).
Second Place: David Warner (Australia).
Third Place: AB de Villiers (South Africa).
Fourth Place: Joe Root (England).
Fifth Place: Kane Williamson (New Zealand).
The Top 5 ICC ODI Bowlers Rankings are:
First Place: Josh Hazlewood (Australia).
Second Place: Imran Tahir (South Africa).
Third Place: Mitchell Starc (Australia).
Fourth Place: Kagiso Rabada (South Africa).
Fifth Place: Sunil Narine (West Indies).
Awards & Recognition:
1. Indian superstars Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar are among Forbes’ annual list of the Highest-Paid Celebrities in the world.
The Forbes list of the ‘World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities of 2017’ has been topped by American rapper and entrepreneur Sean Combs.
2. A model of water conservation adopted successfully by the authorities in Nalanda district of south central Bihar, has been selected for the national award for excellence in the MGNREGP by the ministry of rural development.
The award for excellence will be conferred on ‘Project Jal Sanchay’.
3.NASA posthumously awarded the Exceptional Public Service Medal to Michael A’Hearn.
The NASA Medal is for the fundamental work on comets and small bodies of the solar system, leadership in space missions, and ensuring public access to data from NASA missions and related projects.
Books & Authors:
1. Former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank, book titled ‘ Yug Purush, Bharat Ratna, Atal Ji’ will be officially released.
The first copy of the book on the social and political life of Vajpayee was presented to our President Pranab Mukherjee.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Verizon completed its acquisition of Yahoo in a deal worth $4.48 billion (nearly Rs. 29,000 crore).
Yahoo Internet operations will be now integrated into a new unit called Oath, which also includes brands like AOL and Huffington Post.
The new unit will be overseen by former AOL CEO Tim Armstrong.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve Bank of India announced that it has issued Rs. 500 denomination notes with inset letter A.
They will be bearing the signature of Urjit R Patel.
However, the old notes with inset letter E, which were introduced after Prime Narendra Modi’s demonetization drive in November 2016 will continue to remain the legal tender.
2. SEBI has come up with comprehensive guidelines asking the Commodity derivatives exchanges to compulsorily set up investor protection and service funds.
The commodity exchanges should maintain separate bank accounts for maintaining the corpus of the IPF and the ISF.
3. According to the Code Compliance Rating of banks done by the India BCSBI 2017, IDBI Bank was the only public -sector bank that got ‘high (H)’ (85 and above score out of 100) rating in two successive surveys.
The eight private sector banks that got ‘high’ rating are: Axis Bank, DCB Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, RBL Bank and YES Bank.
The three foreign banks that got ‘high’ rating are: Citibank, HSBC and Standard Chartered Bank.
4. RBI’s Internal Advisory Committee (IAC) has identified 12 bank accounts constituting nearly 25% of the gross bad loans for immediate referral and resolution under the bankruptcy law.
Each of the 12 identified accounts was having more than 5,000 crore rupees of outstanding loans, of which at least 60% was classified as non-performing by banks as of 31st March 2016.
Science & Technology:
1. DRDO successfully test fired anti-tank Nag missile in Rajasthan.
The helicopter launched version known as Helicopter-Launched NAG (HELINA).
2. Scientists are developing a new system that would be able to predict if a car driver is about to have a heart attack.
The feature would help avoid road accidents due to an unexpected cardiac event.
3. Indian warships reached Australia’s port city of Freemantle to take part in a week-long naval exercise AUSINDEX-17 off the Western Australian coast.
Indian warships INS Kamorta, the INS Shivalik (first stealth warship built in India), and oiler INS Jyoti, will take part in the exercise.
4. NTPC developed India’s first 150 kW canal top solar PV System on cooling water (CW) channel inside power station premises at its 2,320 MW, Mouda Thermal Power Project, near Nagpur in Maharashtra.
Solar PV system makes use of side walls of CW channels as load bearing structure thereby significantly decreasing the cost of the civil and mounting structure.
1. World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year by the people in many countries around the world on 14th June 2017.
The aim is to raise the public awareness about the need for safe blood donation (including its products) voluntarily and unpaid by the healthy person.
The theme for 2017 is: Giving blood in a time of crisis.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images