Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The 36th edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) has started at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
It will be held from 14th to 27th November 2016.
The theme of 2016 IITF is Digital India.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the International Conference and Exhibition on Sugarcane Value Chain – Vision 2025 Sugar in Pune, Maharashtra.
The 3 days conference has been organized by Vasantdada Sugar Institute (VSI) at Manjari near Pune.
Around 1,500 delegates are expected to participate in this conference from across the globe.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The India-China Joint Training Exercise “Hand in Hand 2016″ is scheduled to be held in Pune from 15th – 27th November.
It will be the 6th annual joint training exercise between the Indian Army and the People’s Liberation Army of China.
2. India will preside the eighth edition of the Conference of Parties (COP) to WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC).
It will be held in Switzerland’s Geneva in 2018.
1. Aditi Ashok capped a brilliant show to clinch the Indian Open Golf title.
By this, she became the first woman from the country to claim a European Tour event.
2. Australia is going to host the 2018 Invictus Games for wounded military personnel.
More than 500 serving and former personnel from 17 nations will compete in the multi-sports competition in Sydney.
Awards & Recognition:
1. An 11-year-old Pune girl Anvita Prashant Telang has been named the national winner of the “Doodle 4 Google” contest.
The Doodle featured on the Google India homepage on 14th November to celebrate Children’s Day.
2. Mark Zuckerberg has been declared “business person of the year” by US international magazine Fortune.
According to Fortune, his corporate discipline makes him an effective business person.
Currently, he is 5th wealthiest person of the world.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Narinder Batra has become the first Indian to be elected the President of the International Hockey Federation.
He defeated David Balbirnie of Ireland and Australia’s Ken Read to become the 12th FIH President and also the first Asian to grab the post.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. TAFE, the world’s third largest tractor maker, in collaboration with the Rajasthan government, is setting up a Centre of Excellence “JFarm Rajasthan” and a Custom Hiring Centre in six zones in Rajasthan at a total outlay of Rs.970 crore.
2. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has approved a three-year $12 billion loan program for Egypt.
The loan will help in boosting Egypt’s foreign currency inflows.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Bhutan’s Economic Affairs Minister Tengye Lyonpo Lekey Dorji signed the agreement in New Delhi.
The agreement was on trade and commerce.
The first agreement was signed in 1972.
Science & Technology:
1. Researchers from Hyderabad have isolated Helicobacter pullorum bacterium in chicken.
It may be the source of transmission of the multidrug resistance pathogen to humans.
This is the first evidence of prevalence and isolation of H. pullorum multidrug resistance bacterium from broilers and free-range chicken sold in Indian markets.
1. World Diabetes day is observed on 14th November 2016 by International Diabetes Federation and WHO.
The theme for 2016 is Eyes on Diabetes.
It is celebrated in the memory of Frederick, founder of insulin.
1. Arthur Nayyar (A. Nayyar), the renowned ghazal and film singer passes away.
He started his career in 1974, sung hundreds of ghazals and songs for the films.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images