Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India has received the first parcel of crude oil from Iran to partly fill the strategic storage in southern India as part of the Strategic Petroleum Reserves (SPRs) storage.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has formally elected Antonio Guterres (67) as the new Secretary-General of the United Nations.
2. India donates INR 9.3 million to Mandela Foundation.
India has donated INR 9.3 million to the Nelson Mandela Foundation to help it in its welfare work for the people of South Africa.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank awarded by Ugandan govt for his literary work.
Former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has been conferred with a prestigious award by the Ugandan government for promoting human values through his literature
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The government has appointed Reserve Bank’s Executive Director G Mahalingam as a Whole-Time Member of markets regulator Sebi.
2. Public lender Bank of Baroda sealed a principal sponsorship contract with badminton Olympians P V Sindhu and K Srikanth.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the mechanism for revision of ethanol price for supply to Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs).
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of a MoU on General Cooperation with New Development Bank (NDB) or BRICS Bank and Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank).
1. Thailand’s King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the world’s longest-reigning monarch, has died after 70 years as head of state.
2. Italian playwright and Nobel Literature Prize winner Dario Fo passes away.
Italian playwright and actor Dario Fo, who won the Nobel prize for literature in 1997, has died at the age of 90, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi announced.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images