Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Cabinet approved India’s approach to Climate Change Negotiations at the 22 Conference of Parties (COP) to United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), held in Marrakesh, Morocco in November 2016.
The approval aims to safeguard interest of poor and vulnerable groups by laying stress on adaptation, damage and loss while protecting the development space.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The seventh edition of India, Maldives bilateral EKUVERIN Exercise 2016 began at Kadhdhoo, Laamu Atoll, Maldives.
The aim of 14-day platoon level joint military exercise is to conduct military training between armies of both countries with emphasis on amphibious & counter insurgency, counter terrorism operations.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi was placed at 9th position among 74 of the world’s most powerful people list released by the Forbes Magazine.
The list gives the annual ranking of the World’s Most Powerful People on the basis of their financial resources, scope and use of power and the number of people they impact.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Union Cabinet has approved the draft Major Port Authorities Bill, 2016 to replace the existing Major Port Trusts Act, 1963.
The bill aims to empower 12 major ports to perform with greater efficiency on account of full autonomy in decision-making.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet has approved MoU between India and Kyrgyzstan on cooperation in field of agriculture and food related industry.
The proposed agreement covers various activities in the field of agriculture and allied sector.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved MoU signed between ISRO and United States Geological Survey (USGS) for Cooperation in exchange and use of US Land Remote Sensing Satellite Data.
It will also allow USGS to receive ISRO’s Resourcesat-2 (AWiFS and LISS III) data of US region.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved MoU between Ministry of Rural Development and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) to improve effectiveness of rural development programmes in country.
The Inter-Governmental MoU on Joint Technical and South-South Cooperation will provide for collaboration on activities of common interest to support an integrated approach to rural poverty reduction through activities.
Science & Technology:
1. Pakistan Army has successfully test-fired an enhanced version of an indigenously-designed Babur cruise missile.
The missile incorporates advanced aerodynamics and avionics that can strike targets both at land and sea with high accuracy.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images