Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has launched a scheme for setting up of 1000 Mega Watt (MW) Wind Power Project.
It is connected to transmission network of Central Transmission Utility (CTU).
The aim of the scheme is to facilitate supply of wind power to the non-windy states at a price discovered through transparent bidding process.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Australian Great Barrier Reef rodent has become the first mammal species driven to extinction by human-induced climate change.
It is also known as Bramble Cay melomys.
It was revealed after researchers in extensive survey (searches) failed to find a single specimen from its only known habitat on a sandy island in far northern Australia.
The main reason for extinction Bramble Cay melomys is anthropogenic climate change.
Facts you should know: Bramble Cay melomys is a small rat-like (rodent) animal species in the family Muridae. It is Great Barrier Reef’s only endemic (found nowhere else) mammal species.
Download !! daily, weekly and monthly editions of GK Eduwrap that will enhance your General Awareness
Awards & Recognition:
1. President Pranab Mukherjee has been presented National Order of the Republic of Ivory Coast.
It is the highest civilian award of the West African country.
The award was bestowed upon Pranab Mukherjee during his two days visit to Ivory Coast on the second leg of his three-nation African tour.
By receiving the award, he became the first Indian President to visit Ivory Coast.
National Order of the Republic of Ivory Coast is state honour awarded to those who have highly distinguished themselves to the service to the state.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Peter Thomson, Fijian diplomat has been elected as President of 71st session of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
Peter Thomson defeated Andreas Mavroyiannis of Cyprus by 94 to 90 votes, with one abstention.
By this, Peter Thomson becomes the first representative from the Pacific island states to get elected for the largely honorific post in the UN’s 71-year history.
Fact you should know: Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit was first and only Indian to serve as President of UNGA in 1953. She was also the first woman President of UNGA.
Science & Technology:
1. Scientists using NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope have discovered a Jupiter-like circumbinary planet named Kepler1647b orbiting a system of two stars.
The planet was discovered by astronomers from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Centre and San Diego State University (SDSU).
KST is an unmanned space observatory launched in 2009 by NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration).
2. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), a Public Sector Power equipment manufacturer has commissioned 195 MW unit at Muzaffarpur Thermal Power Station in Bihar.
KBUNL is a joint venture (JV) of NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation) and BSPGCL (Bihar State Power Holding Company Limited).
The first 195 MW unit was commissioned in March, 2015.
BHEL is a power plant equipment manufacturer completely owned by Union Government.
Fact you should know: It is the largest engineering and manufacturing company of its kind in India.
[Study Plan] How to Crack Railway RRB exam in 1st Attempt
1. Mudrarakshas, a renowned Hindi novelist and critique passed away in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. He was 82.
He passed away due to old age related causes.
He was distinguished Hindi writer, activist, thinker and cultural personality.
His write-ups invariably hinged on various vital social issues and causes.
Facts you should know: He was born as Subhash Chandra in Behta near Lucknow in 1931. He was rechristened as Mudrarakshasa by his teacher Dr Devendra when he had started writing.
Daily GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image courtesy: Google Images