Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. An open defecation-free village in Mewat, Haryana, will be named after U.S. President Donald Trump to build a good relationship between India and the United States.
According to Sulabh International founder Bindeshwar Pathak, the move will draw the attention of the world towards India’s cleanliness campaign ‘Swacch Bharat’.
2. The Union cabinet approved the Interest Subvention Scheme (ISS) for farmers for the year 2017-18.
The Government has allocated Rs. 20,339 crores for this scheme.
The objective of the scheme is to make the available agricultural credit for short-term crop loans at an affordable rate.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Leo Varadkar was elected Irish Prime Minister first Indian-origin premier.
He took over Enda Kenny, Former Prime Minister of Irish.
Ireland became the first country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage through popular vote.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Israeli author David Grossman has won the Man Booker International Prize for his novel A Horse Walks into a Bar.
The award has a prize of 50,000 pounds ($64,000) that is split evenly between Grossman and translator Jessica Cohen.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Yes Bank has partnered with mobile payments switch TerraPay to enable real-time money transfer to bank accounts in India.
The partnership will make it faster and convenient for consumers to send money to any bank account.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Ramanathan Ramanan, senior vice president at TCS, has been appointed as mission director of Atal Innovation Mission, under NITI Aayog as additional secretary.
Atal Innovation Mission is a government initiative to promote entrepreneurship in the country.
2. The Union Government appointed ambassadors to three European countries, Italy, Denmark and Belgium.
Gaitri Issar Kumar has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to Belgium.
Reenat Sandhu will head India’s diplomatic mission in Italy.
Ajit Vinayak Gupte has been appointed as ambassador to Denmark.
3. Law expert Neeru Chadha has been elected to the International Tribunal for the Law of the Seas (ITLOS).
She has become the first Indian woman to be appointed as a judge at the ITLOS.
Neeru is the second Indian woman to occupy a top position at the United Nations after Lakshmi Pandit who served as the President of the United Nations General Assembly.
4. Tata Motors appointed Girish Wagh as the head of its Commercial Vehicle Business Unit.
He will replace Ravindra Pisharody, Executive Director (Commercial Vehicles) who resigned due to personal reasons.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Central Bank of India has been placed under the RBI’s watchlist on Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) owing to high bad loans and negative return on assets.
PCA is a framework devised by RBI that monitors key areas like capital, asset quality and profitability of banks.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Union Cabinet approved the proposal to introduce a Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance Bill 2017.
This bill will provide a comprehensive resolution framework for financial sector entities to deal with bankruptcy situation in banks, insurance companies, and other entities.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Union Cabinet of India approved the MoU between Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare and the Ministry of Agriculture in the State of Palestine on agriculture cooperation.
The MoU provides for cooperation in the fields of agricultural research, veterinary field including capacity enhancement of Palestinian Veterinary services and Animal Health, irrigation and climate change.
2. Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum has have signed the joint venture agreement to jointly set up the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complex in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra.
IOC will hold 50% stake and the HPCL and BPCL will each hold a stake of 25% each in the new complex.
The refinery is expected to be set up at an estimated cost of Rs 3 lakh crore. and the new complex is expected to be completed by 2022.
1. The World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) is commemorated on 15th June every year across the world.
The 2017 theme for the WEAAD is Understand and End Financial Abuse of Older People: A Human Rights Issue.
It aims the importance of preventing financial exploitation in the context of elder abuse to the enjoyment of older persons human rights.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images