Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Maldives leaves Commonwealth after warnings over democracy Maldives has announced its decision to leave the saying it was treated unjustly and unfairly by the Commonwealth.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Global Travel and Tourism report by world economic forum has released the most unsafe countries of the world.
India got ranked 13th while Pakistan the 4th most unsafe country in the world.
Nigeria was ranked as the most unsafe country with a score of 2.65.
Finland (6.7) is followed by Qatar (6.61) as the safest countries in the world.
1. The Formula-F1 driver from Australia Mark Webber will retire from professional racing at the end of this year in Bahrain.
Webber won the World Endurance Championship (WEC) title in 2015.
Awards & Recognition:
1. R.A. Mashelkar conferred award by Centre for Organisation Development.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Softbank names Rajeev Misra as head of $100 billion tech fund.
Misra joined Softbank Group in 2014 as head of strategic finance and also works with SoftBank Internet and Media Inc, which Nikesh Arora headed as CEO.
2. Amrit Lugun concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the State of Eritrea.
3. Ajay Kumar Balla has appointed as Director General of Foreign Trade.
1. World Standards Day: 14 October.
The theme for World Standards Day 2016 is “Standards Build Trust”.
2. International Day OF Rural Women: 15th October
1. Renowned writer and litterateur from Uttarakhand, Dayanand Anant, passed away at his residence in Bhowali near Nainital.
He was 88.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images