Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. PM Narendra Modi has announced 20% hike in pension of freedom fighters and museums would be established in different states from Red Fort on 70th Independence Day.
Those who are receiving Rs.25,000 will now get Rs.30,000.
2. The Odisha government has decided to make Aadhaar card mandatory for procurement of paddy in the state.
The government has also decided to link Aadhaar numbers of beneficiaries for availing ration under National Food Security Act (NFSA) and work under MGNREGA.
3. Jayalalithaa (Tamilnadu) has announced Rs 1,000 increase in the freedom fighters pension from Rs 11,000.
4. Odia language will be used as the official language in all government offices in Odisha from today onwards.
According to the amendment of the Orissa Official Language Act 1954, all government letters, files will be carried in Odia language.
5. The Bihar state assembly has unanimously passed the crucial Goods and Services Tax Bill (GST Bill).
With this, it has become the first non-Bharatiya Janata Party-ruled state to ratify the GST, Last week, Assam became the first state to ratify the Bill.
1. Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt has won gold in the 100-metre final in Rio Olympics.
With this win, Bolt became the first man to win the event 3 times at consecutive Olympic Games.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India has provided One million US Dollars grant to Zimbabwe in the wake of El Nino induced drought disaster.
Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet Dr. Misheck Sibanda thanked for the quick response by India to an international appeal made by his country
Awards & Recognition:
1. P Shanmugam, the Principal Scientist of Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI) has bagged the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Award for meritorious services in the Higher Education Department of Tamil Nadu.
Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Jayalalithaa has presented the award comprising a certificate, Rs. 5 lakh cheque and 8-gram Gold medal.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The retail segment of National Pension Scheme (NPS) has grown by over 100% over the past one year.
The new provision to provide tax benefits up to 40% of maturity of investment has drawn a lot of retail investors to the NPS schemes.
Science & Technology:
1. China has successfully launched the world’s first quantum satellite.
It establishes hack-proof communications between space and the ground.
The satellite nicknamed “Micius” was launched from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images