Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Union Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated International Conference on NexGen Technologies for Mining and Fuel Industries 2017 in New Delhi.
He said the conference must look at working condition of poor and see how scientific research can change and improve their lives.
Clean energy initiatives being taken by Government should be perceptible and bring measurable change in the lives of the common man.
2. The khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has initiated a project named khadi Gaon.
It aims to scale up employment at rural locations and push up the khadi and village industries products from the villages.
Under the scheme, Five Khadi Gaon will be established in each state.
It will help them to be self -dependent and would stop their retreat towards the cities.
3. Union Minister Mahesh Sharma launches pre-loaded Sim Card for Tourists arriving in India on E-visa.
It will facilitate the foreign tourists in communicating with their acquaintances immediately after their arrival in India.
This initiative has been launched in association with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd., (BSNL).
This facility will be initially available in the Indira Gandhi International Airport (T3 Terminal), New Delhi.
4. Union Cabinet has approved establishment of Food Legumes Research Platform (FLRP) at Amlaha in Sehore, Madhya Pradesh with Satellite Hubs in West Bengal and Rajasthan.
Cabinet approval confers FLRP an international status as contemplated in Clause 3 of the United Nations (Privileges and Immunities) Act, 1947.
It authorizes the Department of Agricultural Research (DARE) on behalf of Union Government in all matters regarding establishment of the Platform.
5. The Ministry of Mines has launched Transparency, Auction Monitoring and Resource Augmentation (TAMRA) Portal and Mobile Application.
The app was launched to ensure transparent award of statutory Clearances for mining operations.
The app was simultaneously launched across 12 mineral rich states to double mining contribution to GDP.
6. Thanal, a city-based group in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala has launched a helpline number for waste management.
It provides technical support to treat organic waste and manage non-biodegradable solid waste.
The allotted helpline number for the cause is – 9400147150.
The number will provide the caller with information and guidance regarding composting kitchen waste, organic farming, terrace farming and organic means of controlling pest and fungi spread.
7. Edappadi K Palaniswami was sworn in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu by governor Vidyasagar Rao at the Raj Bhavan.
30 ministers of Palaniswami government take oath.
There are four women in Palaniswami’s Cabinet: Valarmathi, Dr. Nilofer Kafeel, D.V Saroja and VM Rajalakshmi.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India is among six nations participating in a conference on Afghanistan’s future in Moscow.
India and particularly Afghanistan objected to being cut out of the discussion.
Moscow agreed to expand its ambit, announcing a six-nation conference of Russia, India, Iran, Pakistan, China and Afghanistan.
Awards & Recognition:
1. AIIMS, New Delhi, has won the first prize, and a cash reward of Rs.5 crore, for maintaining high standards of sanitation and hygiene under the Governments Kayakalp awards.
North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS), Shillong, received second prize of Rs.3 crore.
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, received the third prize of Rs.1 crore.
2. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved contract awards for 44 small oil and gas fields.
The contract areas include 44 fields, 28 inland and 16 offshore.
The will be awarded under Discovered Small Field Policy bid round – 2016.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Kerala State Cooperatives Consumers’ Federation (Consumerfed) has tied up with IDBI Bank to facilitate cashless purchases for its consumers.
Consumers can now swipe their cards at these outlets.
More than 300 machines have already been installed.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Norman Isaac has become the first Indian ever to be promoted by the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) as Technical Delegate (TD).
As a TD, he will be assigned to any country except his own and will be responsible for conduct of an entire event,
The event ranging from actual competition management to every related aspect, from media arrangements to logistics will be assigned to him.
2. Justice Vikramajit Sen, former Supreme Court Judge took charge of the Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA).
He officially took the charge from Justice Mukul Mudgal.
Just after taking charge of the DDCA, Justice Sen formed various committees.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. HDFC life has launched Pragati, a traditional life insurance plan that has been specifically designed to empower low income families.
Pragati makes life insurance easily accessible to every person who wishes to financially secure his family.
With Pragati, HDFC Life wants to offer the dual benefit of systematic savings (with guaranteed premium returns) and wholesome life protection.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved the merger of State Bank of India (SBI) with five of its associate/subsidiary banks.
These five subsidiary banks are State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Travancore.
The Union Cabinet also approved the introduction of a Bill in Parliament to repeal the State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, 1959 and the State Bank of Hyderabad Act, 1956.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Union Cabinet has approved bill to amend Collection of Statistics Act, 2008 to Jammu & Kashmir.
It will strengthen data collection mechanism in the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
It will extend the jurisdiction of the parent Act to J&K in respect of matters not reserved for the State as per the 1954 Order.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Airbus signed an MoU with Telangana government for setting up center of excellence in Hyderabad.
The Centre will train candidates ranging from high school graduates to experienced aviation personnel on aircraft manufacturing, logistics etc.
The Centre will offer short-term refresher modules as well as long-term certificate and diploma courses.
Science & Technology:
1. Scientists have successfully mapped three-dimensional molecular structure of Epta protein that shields superbugs from antibiotics.
The EptA protein causes multi-drug resistance by masking bacteria from both the human immune system and important antibiotics.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images