Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has launched medical facilities for its beneficiaries of Delhi. ‘Kahin Bhi-Kabhi Bhi’.
Kahin Bhi means any dispensary/Hospital and Kabhi Bhi means anytime.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Australia to introduce Hindi language in Pre-Schools from 2018.
In order to teach foreign languages in Australia a program named Early Learning Languages Australia (ELLA), was launched in the 2015-16, with five languages.
Hindi will be started in 2018.
2. Maharashtra became the first state in the country to adopt the Fly Ash Utilization Policy.
The policy will make a way for prosperity by generating wealth from waste and environment protection.
1. Indian golfer S.S.P Chawrasia clinched the $1 million Resorts World Manila Masters in the Philippines.
It was his first ever Asian Tour title outside India.
He beat Malaysian Nicolas Fung and American Sam Chen on the final day of the tournament.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Thiruvananthapuram has been termed as the country’s breast cancer capital, with cases at a record high of 40 per lakh of population.
9 lakh women are diagnosed with breast cancer every year.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov gave resignation of his cabinet after his party’s candidate Tsetska Tsacheva.
He failed to win the country’s presidential election on 14th November 2016
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has hiked the Minimum Support Price (MSP) of wheat and pulses to boost the output of these rabi crops and check prices.
The MSP of wheat was hiked by 100 rupees per quintal for the 2016-17 rabi crop.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Union Cabinet has approved constitution of ‘special committee for inter-linking of rivers’ in compliance with a 2012 Supreme Court order.
The constitution of the committee will help in monitoring precious projects to be carried out under its National Perspective Plan, 1980.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Over 20 countries, including India, Brazil and France have signed the framework agreement of the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
The framework agreement of ISA was opened for signatures on the sidelines of CoP22 to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) at Marrakech, in Morocco.
2. The Union Government and Asian Development Bank (ADB) have inked a $500-million loan agreement to build a 9.8 km long road bridge across the Ganga River in Bihar.
It will be country’s longest river bridge and shall provide better connectivity between North and South Bihar and also Patna and its surrounding areas.
3. India and Israel have inked two agreements in the field of water resources management and agriculture.
1. Mota Singh, an Indian-origin Sikh judge of UK, died. He was 86.
He was UK’s first-ever ethnic minority judge to sit on the English Bench wearing a turban instead of a horse-hair wig.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images