Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Railways flags off 1st time-tabled freight train.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has flagged off India’s first timetabled freight train, named ‘Cargo Express’, from Delhi to Bengaluru.
The move aims to reduce the delay and uncertainty over the time schedule for delivery of goods.
2. The United States (US) Senate (Upper House) has unanimously approved amendment to enhance military co-operation with India.
The amendment is done as part of National Defence Authorisation Act -2017.
Military co-operation with India will be for developing military doctrine, threat analysis, force planning, logistical support and intelligence collection and analysis.
3. Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani has launched Vidyanjali, a school volunteer programme in New Delhi.
Vidyanjali is an initiative under Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat, to enhance community and private sector involving government-run elementary schools across the country.
Through Vidyanjali, the government aspires to bring change in the quality of education in schools.
Download !! daily, weekly and monthly editions of GK Eduwrap that will enhance your General Awareness
1. The Rio 2016 organizing committee revealed the official slogan for the first Olympic and Paralympic Games in South America – “A new world”.
It also unveils the medals, 52 days from the start of the quadrennial extravaganza.
Along with the Olympic torch, the medals and the mascots, the slogan plays a major part in creating the unique identity of each Olympic Games.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Mohun Bagan announced that it will honour country’s only Dronacharya football coach Syed Nayeemuddin with the Mohun Bagan Ratna.
Nayeemuddin was chosen for the prestigious award for his overall contribution to the club and the country both as a player and as a coach.
Syed Nayeemuddin is an Indian football coach and former player.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and Chairman, Bharti Enterprises, has been elected as the Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
The ICC World Council elected the new leaders at a voting held in Sao Paolo, Brazil.
He takes over fromT erry McGraw, Chairman Emeritus of S&P Global, who will subsequently become ICC’s Honorary Chairman.
He is the third Indian business leader to hold this position in ICC’s near 100-year history.
2. Hollywood actress Anne Hathaway was named as the Global Goodwill Ambassador for UN Women.
In her new role she will focus her efforts on injustices mothers around the world and also challenging issues like unpaid leave, wage gaps and a lack of access to affordable childcare.
[Download Here] UGC NET Online Mock Test Papers for Paper 1
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Namibia have signed two Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) during the final leg of President Pranab Mukherjee’s three-nation African visit.
The two signed MoUs include MoU on Capacity building for civil servants of Namibia.
Mou on setting up of centre of excellence in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Science & Technology:
1. The “Help Age SOS App’’ was launched by Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi at Raj Nivas.
The app provides for an SOS-Save our seniors button to immediately reach to the counsellor desk of Help Age for rendering emergency help and assistance.
It has 24×7 functionality and aims at helping elders in distress at any given time.
2. Scientists for the first time in modern medical history have grown a living bone in the lab to repair large defects in the head and face of patient.
This medical breakthrough was achieved by a new technique developed by Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic, professor at Columbia University.
1. Famous Television actress Ann Morgan Guilbert died after battling with cancer. She was 87.
She began her TV career in the 1960s, appearing on popular programmes such as I Dream of Jeannie, My Three Sons, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, The Partridge Family, Love, American Style, and The New Andy Griffith Show.
2. Manimala Devi, veteran Odia actress, passed away following a prolonged illness at Bhubaneswar, Odisha. She was 86.
Manimala ruled the Odia film industry in the 1960s as lead actress with her influential performances in various films.
3. Assam Pradesh Congress President (APCC) Anjan Dutta has passed away in New Delhi. He was 64.
He was undergoing treatment at AIIMS for past several days.
He served as the Minister and the Member of the State Legislative Assembly.
Daily GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image courtesy: Google Images