Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 13-kilometer section of Kochi Metro from the Palarivattom station.
The Kochi Metro will be the first in India to use Communication Based Train Control technology to maximize frequencies and minimize errors.
2. India has ranked 75th in Environmental Impact Survey conducted by UK-based Money Super Market.
The survey has been topped by Southern African country Mozambique as almost all its energy use comes from green sources.
3. The government has made Aadhaar mandatory for opening bank accounts as well as for carrying out financial transactions above of Rs 50,000.
In addition, the government has asked all the existing account holders to link Aadhaar numbers to their bank accounts by December 31, 2017. Failure to comply with this guideline will make the account invalid.
4. The Haryana Government announced immediate implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) to help farmers avail of insurance cover against crop loss due to natural calamities for 2017-18.
Under this scheme, paddy, bajra, maize and cotton crops would be covered during the Kharif season while wheat, gram, barley and mustard would be covered during the Rabi season.
The farmers would have to pay only 2 percent premium of the sum insured for Kharif crops and 1 percent premium of sum insured for Rabi crops.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India has won its re-election to the UN’s principal organ on economic, social and environmental issues for another three-year term.
India was one among the 18 nations to win election to the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
2. India will host the third annual meeting of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) will be held in Mumbai, India, in June 2018.
The first annual meeting was held in Beijing last year.
The second meeting, which would last for two days was launched in South Korea’s southern resort island of Jeju.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Amazon will acquire Whole Foods Market for $42 per share in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $13.7 billion, including Whole Foods Market’s net debt.
Whole Foods Market will continue to operate stores under the Whole Foods Market brand and source from trusted vendors and partners around the world.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Congress MLA Ajaib Singh Bhatti was unanimously elected as the Deputy Speaker of Punjab Legislative Assembly.
His name was proposed by the leader of the House Captain Amarinder Singh and seconded by Health Minister Brahm Mahindra.
2. Ana Brnabic is set to become both the first gay and first female prime minister of Serbia following her nomination by the nation’s president, Aleksandar Vucic.
3. EazyDiner appointed cricketer Yuvraj Singh as Global Brand Ambassador.
EazyDiner is an online restaurant reservation platform.
EazyDiner is currently live in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Pune, Chennai, Ahmedabad and Goa in India and Dubai.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. According to Reserve Bank of India, India’s current account deficit (CAD) narrowed during 2016-17 fiscal owing to a contraction in the country’s trade deficit.
The CAD for the last fiscal narrowed down to 0.7% of the GDP from that of 1.1% in 2015-16 due to contraction in the trade deficit.
Further, the net FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) inflows in 2016-17 also got narrowed to $35.6 billion from $36 billion during 2015-16.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Switzerland signed an automatic exchange of financial account information with India in order to facilitate immediate sharing of details.
According to the Swiss Federal Council, the implementation of the exchange sharing agreement has been planned for 2018 and hence the first set of data is likely to be exchanged in the year 2019.
Science & Technology:
1. According to NASA, May 2017 was the second hottest month in a span of 137 years.
The temperature of May 2017 was 0.88 degrees Celsius warmer than the mean May temperature from 1951-1980.
May 2016 is the hottest on record with 0.93 degrees Celsius warmer than the May 2017 mean temperature.
1. The World Day to Combat Desertification was observed every year on 17th June.
The aim is to promote public awareness relating to International cooperation to combat desertification and the effects of drought.
The theme of 2017 is Our Land. Our home. Our Future.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Former German Chancellor, Helmut Kohl, died at his house in Ludwigshafen, in the Western State of Germany.
He was centre-right Christian Democrats, was the longest-serving German chancellor of the 20th Century.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images